And my stomuch is a bit big but I lost my curvs I want my love handles back
    And too be lean .
    By the way I am only 17

Help me someone!:(
    -Candice
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 24, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Lets start with how tall you are and go from there. That is crucial information.
    Candice69 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 02:44 PM

I am about 5'5
    5'4

Sep 24, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    lets start with how tall you are and go from there. That is crucial information.

I am about 5'5

Sep 24, 2008, 03:06 PM

Does walking help loose weight
    Say I was to walk 45 mintues everyday
    ?And what parts of your body does walking target.
    BNF1987 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 10:39 PM

Hey candice69... I was just going to tell you, I am about 115 or so and I used to go to Curves but I quit and I have no idea why.. Curves is GREAT! (I am disabled, I can walk and I mean, you wouldn't be able to tell I was disabled unless you personally knew me) it was kind of hard for me up there but I am starting back sometime soon! Maybe I can get back to the old me; I was a softball player and then a cheerleader before I got disabled... I want that shape back...

Sep 25, 2008, 02:22 PM

Is any body going to help mee
    With any dieting solutions?
    Perhaps any suggestions
    Of how I should eat and what?

Sep 28, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Look in phonebook or internet and find a curves that is the closest to you... join them and you will love it! I am going back to join curves because I look pitiful again and I'm sick of this the belly and so I'm going to go back and not leave! NO MORE OF THIS "OKAY BABY, ILL BE HOME WHEN YOU GET THERE" IM PUTTING MYSELF FIRST AND Making MY BODY LOSE WEIGHT AND GET TONED!!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 10:27 AM

To lose a few pounds, all you need is a moderate diet change and a moderate exercise program. I'm going to assume you're perfectly healthy and you don't have any health issues that may keep you from doing these things.

Change your diet as in... lay off the sweets. I tell you, I love snacks just as much as the next guy... but you just have to drop them. Sodas, chocolate, candy, chips, etc. The best way to do this is... simply to get it out of the fridge. If you keep healthy foods in your fridge (veggies, fruits, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc), you just won't be temped to eat junk foods as much.

Try to adapt a healthy eating lifestyle.. don't gorge yourself on pasta, but try some grilled chicken, fish, or turkey.

Also, cut out any junk food, fast food, fried foods, etc. Every once in a while is fine (we are human), but just be wary of what you eat.

What I do is keep a mental calorie count of what I eat. I don't sit there and count numbers, but if I eat a bowl of cereal with skim milk, I say I'm at about 300. If I eat a burger at Chili's, I'm at 2700.

I'm 22, 5'8", and weigh about 155...I require about 3200 calories a day, so I just make sure I'm either below it or right on it.

As far as exercise goes, I lift weights three times a week (or try) and run two to three times a week.

As far as walking, it's great exercise, but just walking slow paced won't give you much results, try to pace yourself, and speed up a little bit.

Also, cardio and fat burning exercises don't "pinpoint" certain areas to burn off, they just help you lose fat overall, the tummy/thighs being one of the hardest areas to lose fat from; however, you can help this process by doing some thigh exercises, and I'm sure you can find a bunch online.

Overall, don't get yourself down if in two weeks, you don't see results. It normally takes 4 - 6 weeks just to get yourself in the habit of doing anything, especially eating healthy and exercising.

I told you I was 155, but in December of 07, I was 180. I have dropped 30 lbs down to 150, and now I am trying to bulk up to 160 by lifting weights.

Best wishes.

Sep 28, 2008, 10:47 AM
    You dropped 30 lbs. WAY TO GO! I eat right I think I mean I eat lean quizines and all that and I try not to eat too much and I drink Diet drinks or water... My mother told me that Im going to have to start eating more because a few weeks ago I had a little spell.. maybe a seizure when I was helping at a school. (I have a TBI from a car crash in '01.. I was 14 then) But my mother says I need to start eating more because if I get down and sick.. then I'm down for several, several days. But I am supposed to go to a seizure doctor at the end of this coming up week and I will copy what you said and ask him if that will be good for me. Thanks
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2008, 11:03 AM

Good luck, and remember, you need to tailor your diet according to your body type. I require 3200 calories, but you may require more or less. And personally, I have a thing against lean cuisines... too much sodium.

Try a cup of steamed veggies seasoned with lemon, a whole chicken breast fillet seasoned with garlic, and a 1/2 cup of rice. It will get you... quite filled, and it's high in protein, low in fat, less calories.

For snacks, yogurt, bananas, almonds, peanut butter, veggies, fruits, cottage cheese, etc. Best.
    Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 11:18 AM
    BNF, you don't want to lose any more weight if you are having seizures, possibly brought on by not eating enough and becoming too thin.

Sep 28, 2008, 05:35 PM
    Well now I know my seizures aren't from the exercise. I was in a car crash in '01 and in a coma for along time and I don't remember any of the hospital, but I remember I stayed at the ronald mcdonald house after I was able to get out of the hospital and I went to day rehabilitation. But anyway, I think I just need to get me some energy in myself and try harder and I should be able to exercise at curves..
    Expert

Sep 28, 2008, 05:40 PM
    I have belonged to Curves for many years. It is resistance exercise, not really cardiovascular.
    Johnny_walts Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2008, 05:02 AM

I am always do walk at least half an hour. But in morning and evening. I take fruits in my food. And also include lot's of water.

Oct 2, 2008, 08:33 PM

Well thanks for your great advice
    IsneezFunny :).
    I will try and keep up with those
    And try to lay off the sweets
    I love sweets though
    But got to do what we have too ,or what we want too.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 08:58 PM

Let us know how it goes.

Nothing great comes from laziness and no sacrifices. You got to make some sacrifices to earn something.

Oct 7, 2008, 07:05 PM

Are bananas good?
    If I were to walk everyday for about 20 minutes or more and eat bananas
    Would that help me loose weight?
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 07:26 PM

I don't remember hearing anything about "bananas" helping you lose more weight. Be careful, you may end up getting constipated.

A good overall diet consisting of veggies and lean meat will help a lot. Staying away from high carbs will help as well.

For breakfast, try a bowl of cereal with skim milk or a bowl of oatmeal with some cinnamon or applesauce.

For a brunch snack, a yogurt or a fruit will do.

For lunch, a salad is good.

For mid-lunch snack, a fruit, some nuts, yogurt, or a protein bar/shake should help.

For dinner, grilled chicken breast with some steamed vegetables, turkey, or fish is really good.

After dinner snack (maybe about an hour before bedtime), a small container of cottage cheese.

The key is to not overeat and to just stay "satisfied" (note that I didn't say FULL... there's a fine line between FULL and being satisfied).

Also, try to adapt an exercise routine. Walking 20 minutes should do some good, but if you want to challenge yourself, walk fast, or even jog lightly.
    bronzebelle Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2008, 03:11 PM

Hi Candice,

Why a size zero? That's an unrealistic weight to retain, you may reach it but staying that skinny would mean eating next to nothing and no one should live like that it only causes unhappiness and discomfort.
    I am 5'6 and weigh 56kg which I think converts to around 125lb.

Even though that may sound heavy to you I am slim and toned.

I eat regualr healthy meals - breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks in between.
    I enjoy lifes treats of chocolate, cakes and biscuits but in moderation but my trick is of course exercise.
    I lift weights 3 times a week and do 40 minutes cardio 2 mornings (minimum).
    My cardio is on an exercycle which I have at home.

So you have realistic image of my body type think Carmen Electra or Fergie from Black Eyed Peas.

Don't strive to lok like Posh its unnatractive to men and woman alike and will cause you nothing but health issues and heartache.

If you want to be slim great I applaud you but do it right.
    Eat a minimum of 3 meals a day and make them low in fat but high in protein.
    Eat heaps of fish, lean chicken, vegetables and fruits. Stay away from too much red meat and potatoes.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search