Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Bored of my music!
    I'm so bored of all the music on my iPod at the moment. I think half the problem is that I can listen to it all the time at work- I just don't have enough to keep me interested.

The only people I am really keen on at the moment are alkaline trio and hot water music. Can anyone suggest some good music in this vein? You know punky/ post-hardcore/ hardcore maybe a little emo as long as it isn't, y'know too emo! :P

I also like Bad Religion, the Bronx and some Jimmy Eat World and the Used.

I hate screamy lyrics so Glassjaw style stuff is out!

Anyway any help?

I'll also try out some new genres as long as it's not thrash metal, pop or acid trance (noooooo!)

:p
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 07:16 AM

More hardcore: Shinedown, Disturbed, System Of a Down, The Wedding, Flyleaf, Family Force 5, Seventh Day Slumber, Blindside, Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars
    A little softer:
    3 Doors Down, John Mayer, The Fray, The Killers
    There's got to be at least one song that you like in every genre, so go out and search high and low for those songs, that should keep you entertained for a while.
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 09:00 AM

I just bought a load of albums last night I hope they are good! I got Hot Water Music, the Distillers and the Transplants.

I'm actually in one of the Killer's videos (little known fact about templelane there!)

One song form every genre? I'm not sure... Although I've always said you can play a song in any style and it is still good then that is the hallmark of a great song. I think Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies is a good example of working that!

I'm going to use YouTube to check out your suggestions.

Can you name a song from the Wedding as they are a bit difficult to Google! A bit like the Music really...

Cheers
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Although I'm digging this that I found youtubing 'the Wedding'

YouTube - The Wedding

Now this is a bit different.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 09:15 AM

YouTube - Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin Down: Concept Version, Closed Captioned
    See if you like any of these (try ones in my sig as well )
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 09:23 AM

"I don't wanna make it I just wanna..."

MCR were the sound track to my first year at uni. Ahh takes me back... I don't rate the Black Parade very much though - what happened?

Good selection albear but unfortunately I already have all of them. Except Fall Out Boy. I have no idea why but the singer drives me up the wall. :P

-----

I just realised 30 second to Mars is the band with the actor as the lead singer isn't it? I can't remember what he has been in though.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 09:25 AM

Lol fair do's
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 10:25 AM

My favorite song by The Wedding is "Wake the Regiment"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I being TOO Available or are we just Bored? [ 16 Answers ]

I've heard countless of times that being too available can be a problem. I have been recently laid off, and my girlfriend calls me like 5 times a day when she's at work, to say hello, and just talk. Then when she gets off work in the evening at around 7pm, I go over there, chill, we watch TV, and...

What about being bored? [ 12 Answers ]

I wrote like two things on my 5 year old already... spiritually, he speaks of the bible, God, Christ on a daily... he has been doing this since age 2. He has a keen sense of observation, and memory. Recently, he came to us to tell us he is "bored" in his kindergarten class and that his one...

Bored [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16, 153 pounds and I'm like 5'9. I want to loose weight because it would make me feel better. I have a pretty good workout schedule. I run, strength train, and swim. Sometimes I do a kickboxing dvd. BUT I need another alternative. I like to workout in my own space when people aren't watching...

Bored [ 6 Answers ]

I've been in this relationship w/ a guy for 7 months. And every now and then I ask myself why am I still with him, especially because ill be going away to college next year. We were talking today and he told me he really doesn't want to be in a relationship because of the obligations but he still...

View more questions Search