Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tammijones Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Total Equity calculation
    The total equity of Pogo Company at the beginning of the 2006 period amounted to $2,500. During 2006 the company reported net income of $1,200 and paid a $500 dividend. If retained earnings at the end of 2006 is $1,100, what was the beginning contributed capital?
    A. Cannot be determined
    B. $400
    C. $2,100
    D. $1,200
    AdamUTsel Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2008, 11:20 AM

Beginning OE
    +Net Income
    -Dividends paid
    -Ending retained earnings
    =Contributed Capital during the period

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify the effects of the following transactions on total stockholder equity [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to help my niece in college with her accounting problem. Can anyone help? Here's what she has to figure out. Identify the effects of the following transactions on total stockholder equity. Each transaction is independent. a) A 10% stock dividend. Before the dividend, 500,000...

Total owner [ 1 Answers ]

Gadsden Lawn and Mowing Service began operations on January 1, 2002. At the company’s inception, Bob Morgan contributed $100,000 of cash and equipment. During the year, Gadsden earned $200,000 of revenue, incurred $100,000 of expenses, and incurred no liabilities. Total owner’s equity at...

Find total equity for year end? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the equity for the following using the accounting equation? :confused: An company has assets equal to $123,000 and liabilities equal to $47,000 at year end. How do I figure out what the total equity for the year end would be? This is all the information I have available to me. ...

View more questions Search