Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tammijones Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 09:21 AM
    Adjusting Entry Calculation
    As prepaid expenses expire with time, the correct adjusting entry will be a??
    - debit to an asset account and a crefid to an expense account
    - debit to an expense account and a crefid to an asset account
    - debit to an asset account and a credit to an asset account - I know that's wrong
    - debit to an expense account and a credit to an expense account- I think that's wrong too
    AdamUTsel Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2008, 09:35 AM

Second answer, as you reduce your prepaid, you recognize the expense.

Dr. Expense
    Cr. Prepaid asset

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entry and adjusting entry [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: I am new to this site. I am coming across some difficulty with my assignment. If someone can please help me:confused: 1. On may 1st, there was a rent payment for may and June for 4500. THEN 2. I have an adjusting entry for a $1000 of unearned rent. Here is the confusing part to...

How does an eliminating entry differ from an adjusting entry [ 2 Answers ]

How does an eliminating entry differ from an adjusting entry

Adjusting entry [ 1 Answers ]

okay... I have been working on this problem all night, but I can't seem to be in the right track. Ill first introduce the problem, and then I'll put what I have so far, if someone can please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Adjusting Entry for December 31, 2007: The buildings have a...

Adjusting entry [ 1 Answers ]

I have this question I did it but I don't know if I am right or wrong can somebody help me thank you beta co. bought a truck on jan 1, 2004 for 175,000. It had a 15,000 estimated residual value, a ten yr useful life, and beta uses staright line amortization. a) at the bgn of 2008 the...

View more questions Search