Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fushichouryuuko Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2006, 04:26 AM
    Video Editing Software
    I have 2 movie clips that I loaded from my Panasonic Digital Camcorder to my Windows PC Computer. I want to be able to cut half of the 1st clip so only the left side plays and cut half of the 2nd clip so only the right side shows. Then merge the 2 edited clips together and play them simultaneously. The basic idea is that I'm playing 2 clips, side by side, all at once.

I was wonder if anyone can recommend me a video editing software. (ex. Windows Movie Maker, Final Cut Pro) that has the capability to do the effects mentioned above.

I have Windows Movie Maker, but I look everyone and couldn’t find a way to cut or merge the clips. I heard Final Cut Pro is good, but couldn’t find one for a Windows system (Sellers of Final Cut Pro said you must have an Apple system.)

So, if you find a great editing software, or found a way to do it in Windows Movie Maker, then by all means tell me. I would sincerely appreciate it!
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 20, 2006, 08:23 AM
    I was looking at my movie maker and says how to do it in the How To Edit Clips... under Movie Making Tips... good luck...
    I find NeroVision Express far far easier for me... im no director so I only need simple effects and transitions and being that Nero ripped off Pinnacle to a degree.. its not a bad program to use whatsoever... Nero does it at least for me so far...

May 20, 2006, 06:28 PM
    I also read the "How to Edit Clips," but that's not what I'm looking for. When they talk about "Spliting" a clip, they're splitting it in terms of time. Like the clips would play for a while then stop and a picture/transition would come in, and THEN the clip would resume playing. What I want is to split the clip right down the center of the motion pictures.

When they talk about “Combining” clips, they're just playing one clip after another non-stop. I'm trying to combine the clips I split (my version) and play them AT THE SAME TIME. Not one after another.

Can your NeroVision do that? I don't want to go buy it if I'm not able to do MY version of "combining" and "spliting".
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 20, 2006, 11:03 PM
    Let me see if I understand... you want to play 2 video clips side by side?
    Something like this?
    SMIL Side by Side

May 21, 2006, 12:50 AM
    Yes, that's the 1st task I want to accomplish. The 2nd is to find out how I can cut part of the clip. For example, I have 640x480 clip and I want to hide half so it'll become a 320x480 clip. That way, if I have two 640x480 clips and cut each in half to become two 320x480 clips, I can combine them to make one 640x480. I want to keep that dimensions because eventually, I'm going to play it on a TV and I don't want to squish a 1280x480 clip so it'll look distorted.

But for now, the 1st task is priority. I looked at the site you showed me. It talks about playing two clips, but what about creating them into a file?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Video editing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a home video and want to upload it on my website but there is some markings on the video Can I clean those marking so no one can read them while playing video They are on the left lower corner of the video If there is any software to clear them please let me know Thanks

Video Editing on a External Drive [ 3 Answers ]

I have an external Hardrive and would like to use it for Video Editing, when I Try to install software i.e. nero 6 suite, it always goes to my exsisting Drive Which is very nearly full. Is there anyway I can use my external Drive for this purpose. Many thanks ronat75.

Editing bio report (2) [ 1 Answers ]

This is the second part of my report, can someone please check if I've written it correctly? Is this the right format and have I made any mistakes? Thanks so so much! AIM: To determine which plant grows best in terms of its height, internode length and size of their leaves, based on four...

View more questions Search