Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bethann31000 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Adding an old soft asset to existing books
    I have a client I have had for some time, who recently announced to me that he has a huge ira account he'd like on his books. It requires a 700,000 + asset addition, and shame on me I cannot remember what to put the offsetting entry to. Thanks so much for your help.
    Bethann:o
    AdamUTsel Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Sep 24, 2008, 09:19 AM

Technically, this is more complex than a simple debit/credit. In theory, though, the offset is to an unearned account since he cannot withdraw (a few execeptions) against this account without penalty until he reaches the specified age.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determining whether to replace an existing asset [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to determine whether to replace an existing asset (machine): Proposed new asset (machine) has a purchase price of $50,000, with $3,000 in installation costs. The asset will depreciate over five years, using the straight-line method. The new asset is expected to increase sales by...

Adding Shower to Existing Tub [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My wife and just bought our first home, actually, we're closing on it this Nov. 29th, and our first project involves installing a shower head. The home we purchased is over fifty years old, and the woman who was living in it, only had a tub and faucet. So, we'll need to add plumbing to...

Adding wires to existing box. [ 4 Answers ]

I recently asked a question about adding a ceiling fan where there wasn't previously a fixture and got my question answered. So, I now know what my plan is for wiring it together. My next question might be a stupid one, but I just thought of it and without experimenting or asking, I don't know...

Adding Breakers to Existing Box [ 4 Answers ]

I'm finishing a basement in a large 8 year old home. We've added about 1500 sq feet in the basement and 5-6 new circuits. The breaker box, and a sub panel are full, with several mini breakers. We've been told that as part of the final electrical inspection a "load analysis" will be done....

View more questions Search