Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daskal77 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 12:47 PM
    I'm sorry I forgot to mention that, but yes I won a judgement of $5,000 against him. We just had a JD exam this past Wednesday and scheduled another one for couple of months. He agreed to pay me $150 monthly, but I can't trust his guy. Earlier this year he transferred his condo into his wife's name and all I can get him for are his vehicles on his little car lot.

~Angel
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2008, 11:11 AM

If it's not his personal vehicle, then I don't believe you can file a lien on it. If he owns the car lot, then you can file against the business.

Dec 14, 2008, 12:49 PM

This might sound stupid - but did you mean I can file a lien against his business, or to file a whole new law-suit against his business?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2008, 12:59 PM

If you got a personal judgement against him, then you can't attach business assets unless they are in his name personally. You would have to file a suit against the business, but you probably would have done that if the problem was business related.

You can't file a lien against an asset like a car, but you may be a ble to seize possession of it. You should check with the court that issued the judgement.

Dec 14, 2008, 01:37 PM

Well, the business is solely in his name, and it is kind of business related because he borrowed the money to start that business in the first place.

Yes, I will sure check with the court about seizing possession of his personal vehicle.

Thanks.

Dec 14, 2008, 01:47 PM

Then you should have named the business in your original suit.

Dec 14, 2008, 01:55 PM

Threads merged. Please keep all follow-up in the same thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collecting judgement on someone in Canada [ 2 Answers ]

We are considering filing a small claim against someone that has since moved to Canada. I'm pretty sure she won't pay just based on previous behavior, and she doesn't work. Would we be able to garnish wages/savings with her being in Canada, and us being in the US??

Collecting a judgement [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about claiming my judgement money from a small claims case? It was filed against a small company in Florida not an individual. I live out of state from the defendant and I already know the guy is a dead beat because he has owed me the money for over a year. Are there companies that...

Ohio collecting judgement [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I sue my ex for past bills and won a judgement. I have been unable to collect any of the money due. How do I go about getting my money?

Collecting Default Judgement [ 19 Answers ]

Judgement awarded by default. (CA) When exiting car, I tripped and fell when a contractor put a garden hose from his construction site into the city water main drain. I drove by the office to make sure they were still there before sending letter of demand and 5 days later the building has been...

Collecting a judgement [ 14 Answers ]

Won a judgement bk in oct 2004 and have not received any money from this person he owns a trailer park and in 2005 he let his friend be partner with him in the trailer park.I did a notice of writ which I took out in June of 2005 what that do I do not know.but that is what the courts told me to do I...

View more questions Search