Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrcuddlesworth Posts: 96, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2008, 10:15 PM
    Teenage Male mood swings
    Hello,

I have yet another problem,

Today in health class we were talking about panic attacks and my teacher described what it was to have a panic attack and right after she finished I said is it good to get lik4 every week.

Like when you see I'm a Scary indivuidual by the looks.

And I get nearly 4-5 panic attacks every week
    I need to know if this is healthy??

And I've been talking my my girl-friends lately and they have been saying ever since I bacame EMO and depressed and all sad, I've have been having mood-swings such as I'm happy one minute and angry the next and sad the third but I don't see as they figure it out...
    ?? Does anyone who what might be causing both of theses thing.

Because in my school I am already considered a freak and if it gets worse I don't know what to do??

If anyone can help thanks a whole lot :confused::(:mad::):eek::D
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Sep 24, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Mrcuddlesworth,

Have you seen a professional counselor? I think we are going to be limited here in the help we can offer. Stories of others' experiences may be enlightening to some degree, but I believe you need to go beyond that.

A licensed clinical social worker, a licensed marriage and family therapist, a licensed "professional counselor," a psychiatrist, or a pastor trained in clinical pastoral education or who is skilled with other training/experience may be able to help.

I hope you can locate support for this matter very soon. One thing that comes to mind is the possibility of a significant loss or other trauma in your background. Please get someone to explore that with you.

Caring,

IM4U
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 24, 2008, 07:35 PM

Mood swings are normal, but that's all it should be. If you feel you are a danger to yourself or to others, talk to a counsellor or a cool teacher. My school has a program that teachers started called "Helping Hands" where basically if you see that sign, that means the teacher will listen too you anytime you want.

See if your school has a program like this, (though I'm sure any teacher will listen to you!)

Sometimes things seem bad and you may feel lonely. But if you join a club or sport, you will meet many people with things u have in common

Sep 24, 2008, 07:45 PM

See I've tried it and the teacher ended up telling every other teacher and I am trying to join sports but because of my size I get turned down

And I'm very lonely have my friends don't talk to me anymroe becuae I'm emo and stuff

I don't know what to do and I'm not telling my parents anything so I can't join counselling
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 24, 2008, 07:48 PM

Join rec teams where you do not get cut and everyone plays equally. There is rec hockey, basketball, bowling, baseball, etc..

I know how you feel. Last year I was really really depressed. And then a person took an interest in me and was there for me every time I needed him, and I talked to him about everything, and that helped so much.

Is there no one to talk to? Maybe an aunt, brother, sister, etc..
    Jonny_br Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Sep 26, 2008, 05:54 PM

Are you really sure that you're having panic attacks?
    Mood swings are normal... but panic attacks are a real problem, they're more then something you fell, they're a illness and must be trated as such... if you're having panic attacks you need to see a doctor, you can't cure it by yourself .

I know it because my mother is under treatment...

Calming down my previous reaction...
    If you're feeling down you should talk to someone , it really helps!

Sep 29, 2008, 01:10 PM

Well out of no where I get hyper and its hard to breathe and I have to jog or run or do something so it stops

My teacher said its proably panic attacks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

MOOD Swings. [ 3 Answers ]

As every body knows mood swings are a guys favorite part of pregnancy.(NOT) My girlfriend has them quite frequently now and I don't know what to do? For instance she screams at me and tells me to leave. Well I did one time and when I called her she was crying so hard she was choking. So the next...

Mood swings [ 23 Answers ]

Hi hi, I have always been a little angry and moody, but lately I have gone through the roof and I am saying things and reacting in ways I wish I wouldn't. When I lose my temper I go blank and I don't think, I lose total control of myself, instead of talking which I mean to do, I yell, loudly. For...

Mood swings [ 1 Answers ]

What's a mood swing?

Mood Swings [ 6 Answers ]

I would like all of your opinions. Mood swings during pregnancy? For this last part of my wife's pregnancy. The last month or so. It has been a losing battle. Does not matter what I say, doesn't matter that I try to talk to her in a way that Calm, relaxed and easy going. Yet, she is very rude...

What's with the mood swings? [ 6 Answers ]

For the past 4-5 years I have these changes with my mood and can't really figure out why. For a few hours I'll get really hyper, have a lot of energy, and be really happy. Then there'll be times when I just feel like hiding out in my room and crying, felling like no one wants me around and that...

View more questions Search