Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bush Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Last effort or stupidity
    Well, been broken up about 7 months, some intermeiitent contact. Last time talked she mentioned she has seen other people, nothing serious though, myself the same. I still want something, she's unsure, loves seeing me and we have good time but not sure if can be happy like we were. She still has my pics all over her Facebook, I asked her to take them down, she said it'd be too tough right now. I'm contemplated just making one last 100% effort, going balls out, enough of this middle of the road stuff, and if fails just walking away. Should probably just walk away now, but don't want lingerin feeling as if never tried. Is this the dumbest thinking ever, or do some girls appreciate this? (I know this is dumb question, but I'm this lost right now)
    Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 09:46 PM

You should have walked away and moved on months ago, not still wanting and trying to get her back after 7 months. You are still checking out her face book, just lose that web address don't go there, and start thinking and starting acting on moving on.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 05:56 AM
    You should have walked away 7 months ago when she said it was over. Now you're just the current guy she's stringing along until someone else comes
    jumpin0503 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2008, 06:22 AM

I did the same thing in lingering and holding on, admittedly not for NEARLY as long, but the only way to truly be happy is to either move on or wait for her it seems, but waiting means you will likely be rather miserable for that time. Either can work, you don't know what's going to happen in the future, but personally I choose the decision of moving on just in case things don't work out like with my ex-girlfriend, you can read my two threads to see how I reacted over this situation, maybe it could help you, I feel I was in the same mindset until I began the moving on process actually yesterday.

Good luck, hope everything works out for you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 24, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Your still holding on to false hope, and your decision is based on those old feelings.

Heal the right way, and then see how you feel.
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Sep 24, 2008, 08:18 AM

If you think you are prepared to handle the rejection should her reaction be negative then I say go for it. But if it doesn't work, I hope you can use the closure you get from this to move on once and for all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I let go, or do I make an effort? [ 7 Answers ]

Well, this gets a little complicated. I am now 25 years old. This girl and I dated for a while (a little over a year) about 4 years ago. She broke it off by getting back with her old boyfriend. But we have kept contact since, talking often, hanging out often. She is in and out of...

Stupidity vs. well. Stupidity! [ 1 Answers ]

I had the sudden urge to see or hear something stupid/funny, so let's have some show and tell! Have you ever made a home video of something completely dumb? Friends doing the dumbest you've ever seen? You're child doing something absolutely hilarious? Or perhaps you didn't record? Share your...

Stupidity ruined my life. [ 1 Answers ]

Up until April of 2006, I had custody of my son who is now 5. I got in with the wrong crowd and got into drugs. Yes stupid Iknow, I am paying for it. Anyhow, my ex got temporary custody of my son for the time being. In the court papers, it states that I am to do a weekly drug test at my own...

Junkie Stupidity [ 1 Answers ]

About ten years ago I was addicted to heroin and racked up about 15 shoplifting charges in a six month period. I had never been arrested for anything before this and have never been arrested since. I was charged but never convicted because I never went to court. I now lead a normal life, clean and...

View more questions Search