Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walid ahmed Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 09:14 PM
    About ramadan queries
    I was in saudia on 1st sept and I was on fast there then later I came to india . Now I'm confused when should I celebrate eid and when to celebrate shabe qadr. Is it accordind to saudia calender or indian calender
    walid ahmed Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 09:15 PM

By dua to allah and follow the way of life accordind to mohd (pbuh)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 12:13 PM

Assalaam alaikum,

If Ramadan began on 1st Sept in Saudi Arabia and India began their fast a day later on 2nd Sept,then if you are in India for the end of Ramadan,you will have to celebrate Eid with the muslims of India.

Allah knows best!

About Shabe Qadr,I am not sure what you mean by that? Are you speaking about the Laylat-al-Qadr (the night the Quran was revealed?)
    ---------------
    Islam Online
    When Is Laylat Al-Qadr?

Muslims believe that the Lord has concealed the exact date of the Night of Power so they would worship Him fervently during the whole month of Ramadan. It was reported that the Prophet Muhammad said, “Seek it on the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadan.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari)
    ---------------------------------

Wa alaikum salaam.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Sep 24, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by walid ahmed View Post
    i was in saudia on 1st sept and i was on fast there then later i came to india . now i m confused when should i celebrate eid and when to celebrate shabe qadr. is it accordind to saudia calender or indian calender
    Hello Ahmed.

The end of ramadan is not set by country, but by local sighting of the moon.

The last day (either the 29th or 30th day of Ramadan) depends on the sighting of the moon where ever you are at that moment.

And what ever day that will be this year, have a nice Eid ul-Fitr !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ramadan fasting during early pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a muslim, I have to fast in ramadan. I was for seventeen days, the I come to know that I'm preganent. Last masuration was aug, 26 2007. I have to have my period on sep,22 2007. I checked for pregnancy after days of delay. By that time it was the seventeenth day of ramadan. My question is can I...

Tax filling queries [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I have following queries related to filling my taxes for 2006. I arrived in US on L-1 in Jan'06, my wife joined me later and started working on L-2. Both of us are presently working and have received separate W-2 from our employers. 1) Are we resident or non-resident aliens 2) Since...

Access Queries [ 1 Answers ]

Am new and very happy to be in this forum. I have an access database which comprises of many tables. My problem is I am tryng to develop a query possibly in design view which needs to use this condition if storagedays>7 then storagedays=storagedays-7. unfortunately I haven't done it before.....

Economics queries [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I need some information on (1) Comparative Advantage - Keynesian Economics (2) Effects and reasons for tariffs (3) under vs over valuation of currency and its consequences on the domestic economy

View more questions Search