Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Omar B Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 02:50 PM
    No audio from Dell Optiplex GX270
    Hi,

I have a computer which was functioning correctly until last week. The audio on the computer just went. I have checked to see if the speakers are connected, drivers are installed and I even installed my OS again.

Here is informaton to anyone willing to help:

Computer name and model: Dell Optiplex GX270
    Operating system: Windows XP service pack 3
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4, 2.26 Ghz
    Sound card: Integrated

Help on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 10:28 PM

Any yellow marks in device mgr?

Have you checked to see if anything is muted or volume is set too low?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.

Double click on speaker next to clock, this should bring you to master volume - check to make sure that master volume and the Wave devices are not muted and the slide for the volumes of each are not Low

In Master Volume box, after checking above, click on Options and then properties and see what Mixer Device is in the box and what other devices may be under that when clicking the down arrow - see if changing the mixer device might help.

Sep 24, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Hi,

There are no yellow check marks in device manager. I have also checked to see if any of the volume is muted or low. The speaker is not shown next to the clock, so I open it in start->accessories->entaertainment->volume control and I get this error: "There are no active mixer devices available"
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 04:13 PM

Go to Start --> Run, and type in services.msc.

A window will pop up with a list of services. Scroll down to Windows Audio. Right-click
    And click on Properties.

Make sure that "Startup type" is set to automatic. Also, make sure, under "Service
    status," start is selected.

Click apply after changes made

Sep 25, 2008, 03:09 PM

Hi,

Thanks for suggeting tips to try. It turned out that my audio was disabled in the bios. So I enabled it and everything works fine.
    solarsails Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 10:51 PM
    Comment on seahwk83's post
    Excellence! I'm a systems analyst and I was baffled by this. Its refreshing to see an answer with substance, not the same old nit-wit answers, like install the drivers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell GX270 Pentium 4 - Multimedia audio driver [ 14 Answers ]

II just purchased a DELL Optiplex GX270 from Overstock.com on December 26, 2007. I received it on January 3 and installed it on January 7. By January 13, the motherboard had gone out and a Dell serviced tech has already come to my house and has it up and running by replacing the motherboard. ...

Dell Optiplex GX60 Power Button [ 4 Answers ]

My Dell computer will not boot up;the power button is orange instead of green.I have surfed the web; all I have found out is, it may be a power issue but no one has a idea of how to fix it.

Gx270 dell audio [ 1 Answers ]

I need the audio driver to gx270 dell

About Dell Optiplex [ 4 Answers ]

HI I'm a new member here hope I learned more about PC here. I have a problem about my PC Dell Optiplex GX 110 its old obvious. I bought a Video Card Nvidia Gforce2 and its an Agp slot. My Computer does not have a Agp Slot it's a PCI slot how can I use my Video card if its PCI. >Moved from Intros<

View more questions Search