Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dxspyder Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Get Over Ex And Meeting Someone Else.
    First and foremost I would like to thank all of you who have helped in me through this tough time... These forums are a blessing in disguise...

I dated my exgf for 2.5 years.. broken up for 4 months .first love, do anything to get her back... etc etc... I do occasionally run into her by accident so that kind of prolonged my healing.

But one morning I woke up, I had a completely different view on everything regarding me and my ex... I simply accepted the fact that she's gone and I'm glad she's enjoying her life and being 'happy' as she puts it. I still care, but I just didn't really care anymore, its life... and yesterday morning, I ran into her on campus, and just smiled and said 'hi' and kept walking she starts to talk to me, but I told her that I'm late for class(which was true)... and she ended up txting me that night...

So the same day Im at school(last year of college) just finishing my project in the library, and I get a smile from this incredibly cute girl... I smile back to be nice. But something pushed me to go talk to her... We ended up talking for about 45 minutes before I had to go back to class... I had no intention to get her number or anything(maybe because I felt it was too soon to date, meet people, have relationships etc)... but she ended up asking for my number and email. :)... such a confidence boost after being heartbroke.

For some awful reason, after the break up I put my ex on such a high pedastal... but after talking to someone else and connecting right away, I just thought how stupid I was and how honestly, me and my ex weren't really as good as I remembered... But Im 98.9999% healed, and her power over me has vanish... im me again :)

For all you people struggling to get through this tough time/no contact/etc(I never thought I would)... just know that one day, eventually. Things will be okay... you WILL be happy again... I never thought'd id get through, but eventually you will... praying also helps, believe me...

So you, its always darkest before the sun comes up... and right now,to me, it's a beautiful morning... and take comfort knowing that the sun rises everyday.

Its been a day and this girl hasn't contact me... but I'm hoping she does soon, because I really do regret not asking for her phone number now, hahaha... You people think she will contact me after SHE asked for my contact info? I've always been the one that asked for the numbers, not the other way around.

Thank You AMHD very much...

-Eddie
    BrewCrew0981 Posts: 128, Reputation: 21

Sep 23, 2008, 03:11 PM

She'll contact you. Give it a few days or a week. She doesn't want to seem desperate. :)

Congrats on moving on. Glad to hear you cleared the hump!

Sep 23, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCrew0981 View Post
    She'll contact you. Give it a few days or a week. She doesn't want to seem desperate. :)

Congrats on moving on. Glad to hear you cleared the hump!
    Thanks. I just want others to know that their lifes will eventually get back on track...
    BrewCrew0981 Posts: 128, Reputation: 21

Sep 23, 2008, 03:58 PM

Thanks for posting your story. It's always good to hear that the world keeps spinning, and good things do happen after a breakup. Kepp us up to date on what happens!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 03:59 PM

Its good you have crossed back into the healthy world, and even can have feelings again.

Don't sweat if the new girl calls, or not, as she is hardly the only cutie walking around.

Sep 23, 2008, 05:27 PM

But she's got looks and brains, hahaha...
    myselfme99 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2008, 05:47 PM

Bravo... Damn in some or the other way Woman do have the master-key for Men's Happiness.

Sep 23, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by myselfme99 View Post
    Bravo... Damn in some or the other way Woman do have the master-key for Men's Happiness.
    Ironic... isnt it?

But the day I know I truly love a women will be the day I choose her over my car.
    redwee74 Posts: 74, Reputation: 11

Sep 23, 2008, 05:55 PM

Dx thanks for the post. It gives me hope for myself and other in the same boat. She will contact and like Tal said if she don't there are a million other cuties out there. Good Luck.
    myselfme99 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2008, 06:00 PM
    It is... "Fall seven times ,stand up eight" that's the spirit of a MAN!!
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 07:02 PM

Get on with it! If she doesn't call, sorry to be the commoner - there's plenty more girls on planet. Ive started to be a firm believer in realism after a series of bad women experiences. So if doesn't happen don't sweat, just keep yourself busy and your been fine.
    Fredj88 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Sep 25, 2008, 06:01 PM

Why can't a girl smile at me :(
    goingbonkers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 11:01 AM

Thanks brother, I needed to hear a story like this. I have been on this site for about a week now as I am trying to get over my ex of 5yrs. I would like to thank everyone actually as all stories I have read are uplifting and helping to ease the pain. I will post my story one day but for now I enjoy reading everyone's else as my still really hurts to talk about... Good job and congrats on moving on

Sep 29, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Goingbonkers, Like I said before, these forums are amazing interms of insightfulness and in offering help... Good luck with your situation... im not sure what your circumstances are like, but honestly, the best thing you can do now is just enjoy life... she will come crawling back when you've truly moved on... mine did, haha
    goingbonkers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 11:14 AM

Lol thanks everyone I talk to (whether it be my friends or hers are one sided) its refreshing to get someone's views who don't know us just know our situation... this site is the best site I have found... I have been on the net for the last 4 weeks looking for answer etc and nothing until I found this place. I really appreciated the talking back and forth that everyone does... it really does help
    jumpin0503 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 01:26 PM

This story inspired me a lot for some reason, as I've been trying to find an alternative to my ex girlfriend. I'm probably going to try to talk to this one girl that I see at work who comes in at the same time pretty much every week. Thanks for the positive story!

And I wouldn't worry about her contacting you, I've never had a girl ask me for my number and NOT contact me put it that way. If she doesn't, like the others have said, you already found one other girl there are others too!

Sep 29, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Update: we went out for dinner this past weekend... Went amazing! Going to go grab a coffee tomorrow with her...

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meeting Girls. [ 14 Answers ]

First off, a little about myself I am 16, in grade 11 of high school. I have had a few girlfriends throughout high school. I recently came out of a fairly short (1 month) relationship. That was my first relationship in nearly a year! Anyway, now that I am over her, I want to get another...

After our first meeting. [ 24 Answers ]

Ok. So I joined match.com. I met started chatting with a girl who is the same age, and lives in the same general area as I do. FYI, her and I are both 26 yrs old. Anyway, the conversation on the phone was great. She seemed to share the same interests as I do. These would be education,...

Meeting with ex [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I had a girlfriend of 4 years- things weren't really working. We had some problems in our relationship- but we never really talked about them, as she had a close relative who was terminally ill. It has been 2 months since we have broken up- we both miss each other and have said so....

Since meeting someone, my friend isn't the same [ 2 Answers ]

Well basically, me and my best friend are very close however since she returned from her holiday she has been very different and will hardly talk to me! She met a friend who apparently she became very close to and who she 'loves' (I presume as a friend as she has a boyfriend) But now I feel like...

After first meeting [ 1 Answers ]

My lunch date was OK, but I would like to hear from him again. Should I call or wait for him to call?

View more questions Search