Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Sep 23, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Is it my birth control or something else?? :/
    Okay maybe three months ago I got off my birth control right after my period cause we did not have the money to get me more. The next month my period came and it was it's normal length 4-5 days, but I didn't actually 'flow' instead it was like brown, thick, rusty looking blood. Then this month my period came and the same thing happened! But this time after the 5th day I actually started to bleed, it wasn't a huge flow but I still actually bled a bit for the next week. So my period ended up being 2 days short of 2 weeks long.

Is this because of me getting off the birth control that I was on, I think like almost a year, or is it something else that I should worry about? I'm really worried about it already but should I go to the doctor or anything? :/

Thank you for any help you can provide

Sep 24, 2008, 06:53 PM

Anyone? I would really like some help here :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 25, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Sorry I haven't answered sooner, but I've been working 7am - 7pm and sleeping in between. LOL

With that said, what you are experiencing is very common when coming off birth control. It takes a while for your body to adjust to the lack of synthetic hormones (birth control) and begin to regulate your natural hormones again.

Sep 25, 2008, 07:43 AM

Okay thank you very much, I was freaking the heck out >.< cause like I said my period is normally 4 days long and this one was 2 weeks... so thank you again for relieving my nerves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period problems! [ 1 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I'm a 28 year old woman and have always been regular on my periods! But about 5 or 6 months ago I have notice that I became irregular meaning my period for the first month or so was about 2 weeks old and I have been keeping track ever since. I have notice that it is late 2 or 3 days...

Period problems [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 19, I started my period when I was about 13. The thing is I've never had a regular cycle. I'm aware it can take years to settle down, but after 6 years and no pattern what so ever, I'm wondering what's up. Sometimes I can go about 56 days with one, then sometimes it can be as little as 5 days....

Period Problems [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, The problem is is that Im constantly on my period Im never off it except a day or two so my question is is what should I do about it and do I have a health problem?:confused:

Little/No Period, other problems [ 1 Answers ]

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere here and I haven't seen it yet. My girlfriend is 40, and has had a regular period for many years now. This month, however, though she seemed to start on time, only a light discharge began on the first day, and nothing more after that. She has also...

View more questions Search