Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aafra99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 06:14 AM
    Uk spouse visa
    Hello, am currently studying in uk on student visa that expires in November 2008 and also next month am getting married to British citizen in Pakistan before my visa expires,I have heard that I can only register my marriage here if I have 6 months remaining visa.am wondering what are my best options as am also studying at moment should I extend my student visa for another remaining months of studies and then register my marriage or should I wait until my visa expires and go back to pakistan and take uk spouse visa clearance from there and continue my studies.
    Thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 23, 2008, 09:56 AM

Extend your student status first, then get married. If marriage fails before you become resident, then you won't turn into illegal alien.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dependent visa for spouse invalid visa [ 1 Answers ]

Dependent visa possible if spouse is in UK and visa is invalid and he got a new passport from Indian embassy in UK?

Uk spouse visa [ 2 Answers ]

My husband living in london , UK and I am a Canadian. I am going to apply for spouse visa but little bit panicking about financial requirement for spouse visa. Do anyone know what is the minimum financial requirement for spouse visa? Some saying there is no sufficient funds evidence to show for...

Work or Spouse Visa.future Military spouse. [ 1 Answers ]

I really have no idea where to start... I am engaged and currently visiting my fiancé (a Marine) in Okinawa, Japan. . He is stationed in Japan for the next 9 months. I was considering moving to Japan to be with him during this tour. I do not have a job in the US, I will more than likely find...

G4 Visa Spouse [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Mrs./Mr. I am a G4 Visa Holder and my wife wich is a spouse of a G4 visa holder and she is working for an outside retail company. I am interested to know what form she has to use fille her taxes.

View more questions Search