Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carla123 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 11:19 PM
    Are ghosts/ spirits real?
    Are ghosts and spirits real? I see many incidents of excorsism even in today's modern world. But I think they are staged. What say?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 11:48 PM

Hi, carla123!

Is your question just about exorcisms or open to the subject of ghosts and spirits in general?

Concerning exorcisms, I don't really have any experience with that, other than what I've seen in the movies.

I hate to admit it, but just from personal experiences in my own life, I think that ghosts/spirits are real. I combine the two terms because I think that the term spirits might need a larger definition and would depend on what you mean by "spirits" in the context of your question.

I always try to look for the most logical, real-world explanation as to why I have seen something or why something has occurred. However, there are those instances where I will have to admit that there is no way that I could find a logical explanation as to why something happened the way that it did, other than it just had to be something that was paranormal in manifestation.

I do also know that there are a lot of hoaxes out there concerning things of the paranormal.

Hopefully, others will be along to also address your question.

I am curious as to what things you might have experienced for which you might not have a logical explanation, please?

Thanks!
    carla123 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 03:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    A) Is your question just about exorcisms or open to the subject of ghosts and spirits in general?

B) However, there are those instances where I will have to admit that there is no way that I could find a logical explanation as to why something happened the way that it did, other than it just had to be something that was paranormal in manifestation.

C) I am curious as to what things you might have experienced for which you might not have a logical explanation, please?
    A: I am open to all discussions on it. I just want to know if the world is duping us to believe in Spirits(Both Good and Bad). How is it that certain people seem to be talking to Spirits from the other world? Etc Etc Etc... Is it all true?

B:Like? You feel that something from the 'Other world' controlled the situation?

C: I don't have any personal experiences as such. I am just trying to explore the truth.

I hope more people open up on this ;)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 07:58 AM

Carla,
    I personally believe in the existence of another realm where exists what humans call ghosts/spirits.

I have not had any frightening experiences concerning ghosts,but I know quite a few who are going through paranormal disturbances even as I type.

Here is something for you to read through,it covers all my beliefs about Jinn(not spirits of the Dead,but just another entity that exists).
    Muttaqun OnLine - Jinn: According to Quran and Sunnah

Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Sep 23, 2008, 08:42 PM

Hi, Carla. In a way, all beings are spirit. Our minds, our nervous systems, are capable of operating in many different states, many different levels of consciousness. It's sort of like your car radio. You can tune into different frequencies, different stations. And what you get on one station is very different from what you get on another. If you've only listened to one, stayed in one state of consciousness all your life, when you first shift to a different one it can seem very confusing. This is particularly true if you slip into a different state of awareness in a way that is not intentional and not under your control, like by taking a powerful drug or by getting sick and becoming feverish. But it is possible to train your brain to shift to different levels of awareness, different worlds or realms, if you will, on purpose, under control, and with an understanding of what you are doing. Then, the experiences you have in a different state of consciousness, while very unusual by ordinary life standards, can be meaningful and powerful. This is what happens in a shamanic trance.

Western Civilization teaches that only one state of awareness, only one station on our radio dials, the ordinary state of waking consciousness, is valid. It discourages people from checking out other states, and teaches that anything we experience in a trance or dream or fever or drug state is just meaningless chaos. But this is the only society on earth that takes this approach, and it has only held that idea for about 200 years. For the rest of the last 100,000 years, every population of humans has had a well-developed system for tapping into the resources of other states of awareness.

Saying that everything is spirit is another way of saying everything is just energy. As you change your state of awareness, you can connect to those energies in new ways. For a person like me, talking with spirits and ghosts is as ordinary as talking with you (and think how remarkable that is--this incredibly fluid form of energy, this web of interconnectedness called the internet, that our society has created, perhaps because it missed being able to dream like our ancestors).

Everything is a dream, and all dreams are real.

Blessings,

Alder
    Ribbonic Plague Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 1, 2008, 03:42 PM

Even though I've had about 3 experiences with the supernatural (one I believe to be a ghostly enounter), I absolutely refuse to believe they exist... just in case they come back and make their presence known to me again.

I'm a chicken, you see...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2008, 01:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbonic Plague View Post
    Even though I've had about 3 experiences with the supernatural (one I believe to be a ghostly enounter), I absolutely refuse to believe they exist... just in case they come back and make their presence known to me again.

I'm a chicken, you see...
    Attractive website that you have a link to in your signature, Ribbonic Plague! Is that your website?

Thanks!
    Ribbonic Plague Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2008, 02:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Attractive website that you have a link to in your signature, Ribbonic Plague! Is that your website?

Thanks!
    Why thank you! Yep it's my website :D
    Hubb Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 03:12 PM

Hi Carla123

So I am 16 years old and I have personally seen enough ghosts to deffinately believe in them. I have explained to my mother her aunt that I saw walking in my grandpas house. The funny thing is she died 1 year before I was born. So if that's not proof than nothing is.
    arabianangel1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 04:49 PM

Ive actually experienced firsthand with two spirts/ghosts. The first was in my old apartment and I was a child of 10. I woke in the middle of the night and saw a young girl who was white and glowing walk through my bedroom door and disappear into the wall. She was (lol) friendly(?) I know it wasn't a dream because my mother had 3 experiences with her. She was standing next to my mothers bed then disappeared. She picked at my mothers clothes ( my mom described it as a child pulling at the edge of her shirt for attention ) and she made wind blow at my mom while she was brushing her hair in the bathroom ( we had no windows and the door was shut so no chance of a draft ). The other spirit was at my teenage house. I felt her for 2 years. I could never walk through the hall to my bedroom... I would run like I was running for my life. One day, I actually saw her and she was all black and sitting on my sisters bed. She was sitting indian style and her hair was in her face. It was CREEPY and it scared me half to death. My mom saw her also. So I don't know where the line lies but I do believe there is something here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I address the ghosts without opening a way for evil spirits? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, this is a long one, so prepare yourself. I've never had the ability to downsize my stories. We moved into my apt three years ago almost. I had started having experiences shortly after we moved in, but never paid attention since I am so absentminded and misplace things a lot. When I started...

Ghosts or Spirits? [ 8 Answers ]

This question has always been of interest to me. I believe that when you die, you go to heaven. But what happens to you in between? Are you a ghost or spirit? Can you interact with others after you have gone? Are ghost even real? If anyone can give me an answer. Then that would be awesome. Look...

Ghosts/Spirits, do you believe or not? [ 4 Answers ]

I myself am a believer that another realm exists where an entity I call jinns exist. We do no know much about them,but from what I know, there are good and bad among them,believers and non-believers among them,some go about their way while others enter the human world and cause different types of...

How is it then that people see Ghosts and Spirits ? [ 36 Answers ]

Ok I have another question since according to the Holy Bible the Dead are Supposed to be asleep until the 2nd coming of Christ, then how is it that a lot of people, especially children are seeing Ghosts ? And some people are even having Conversations with these so called apparitions ? There has...

Spirits or ghosts, or mind playing tricks on us? [ 2 Answers ]

This may sound silly to some people, but my family and I think there may be "others" living in our home. My oldest daughter is even scared to sleep in her room because she said they have talked to her or touched her on different occasions. My son had a couple of experiences also. One evening, he...

View more questions Search