Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kekebrown Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Sep 22, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Retained Earnings and Balance Sheets
    22. Which of the following accounts will be closed to the retained earnings account at the
    End of the fiscal year?
    a. Rent Expense
    b. Fees Earned
    c. Income Summary
    d. Depreciation Expense

I think it is D

30. Which of the following accounts ordinarily appears in the post-closing trial balance?
    a. Dividends
    b. Supplies Expense
    c. Fees Earned
    d. Unearned Rent

I think it is C

31. The type of account and normal balance of Unearned Rent is:
    a. revenue, credit
    b. expense, debit
    c. liability, credit
    d. liability, debit

I think it is C

35. Balance sheet accounts:
    a. represent amounts accumulated during a specific period
    b. are called real accounts
    c. have zero balances after the closing entries have been posted
    d. are equal to assets and liabilities

I think it is A
    AdamUTsel Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kekebrown View Post
    22. Which of the following accounts will be closed to the retained earnings account at the
    end of the fiscal year?
    a. Rent Expense
    b. Fees Earned
    c. Income Summary
    d. Depreciation Expense

I think it is D

30. Which of the following accounts ordinarily appears in the post-closing trial balance?
    a. Dividends
    b. Supplies Expense
    c. Fees Earned
    d. Unearned Rent

I think it is C

31. The type of account and normal balance of Unearned Rent is:
    a. revenue, credit
    b. expense, debit
    c. liability, credit
    d. liability, debit

I think it is C

35. Balance sheet accounts:
    a. represent amounts accumulated during a specific period of time
    b. are called real accounts
    c. have zero balances after the closing entries have been posted
    d. are equal to assets and liabilities

I think it is A

22. If income summary means "net income" then the answer is C. I believe it must be this because all of the other options are expenses or revenues that in total are closed to retained earnings at the end of the period. The answer choices are poorly worded.

30. Answers D. The post-closing trial balance reveals the balance of accounts after the closing process, and consists of balance sheet accounts only. The post-closing trial balance is a tool to demonstrate that accounts are in balance; it is not a formal financial statement. All of the revenue, expense, and dividend accounts were zeroed away via closing, and do not appear in the post-closing trial balance.

31. Answer C.

35. Answer B. Unlike income statement accounts that are nominal accounts, balance sheet accounts are real accounts. A real account is not closed out at the end of the year but continues to exist into the next year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retained earnings and trial balance [ 2 Answers ]

I was working on the Trial Balance sheet: 1. I was wondering if Accumulated depreciation should be added to credit account or debit in both trial balance and close trial balance. It is actually part of assets (depreciated from equipment/fixed assets). 2. I am also slightly confused about...

Calculating net earnings and preparing statement of retained earnings [ 2 Answers ]

I just started my introduction to accounting class in university and I am a little stuck on this question because we didn't really go over this is class... please help! Here is the information given: Sea Surf Campground is a public camping ground in Ocean National Park. It has the following...

Financial statements - Multi-step, retained earnings, balance sheet [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, This is my first time using this site but I am desperate. I am calculating some financial statements and want to make sure I have everything in the right place. I had to prepare a multi-step statement, retained earnings statement and a balance sheet. Did I do these right?:confused: ...

Balance Sheet and Retained Earnings [ 4 Answers ]

Company X had the following accounts and balances in its general ledger at December 31, 20x9. Cash $45,000 Accounts Payable $80,000 Property & Equipment $200,000 Long Term Debt $ 60,000 Capital Stock $150,000 Accounts Receivable $90,000...

View more questions Search