Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DezRacer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Green/brown water
    I'm trying to get my crystal clear water back and after this weekend the color tonight is green/brown. I have a purex/triton system with a pac-fab seperator and no directions on how to use it- any help is appriciated.
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Sep 23, 2008, 07:32 PM

It's interesting that you have a pac-fab seperator. That is a strainer. Real basic, flush valve on the bottom. Open the valve and flush. Anything accumulated in the strainer screen will blow out with water pressure. You flush this one with the pump on.

The purex/ triton is a cartridge filter. You have to remove the top of the housing. Turn off the pump first. Remove the cartridge. Take your hose and go over the entire cartridge with pressure to clean it.

Now, for the green and brown. You will need to get a good pool test kit. You need to test for PH, alkalinity, tds, chlorine. Let us know what the results are, and we'll advise you how to treat. It is likely you need to use a blue-green/ mustard algaecide. But, we need to make sure your ph, and alk are right first.

Also, what type of pool do you have?
    Al

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blonde streaks turning green if dyed brown? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, my hair colour is a natural dark brown and I have always used box dyes inorder to colour natural sun streak etc. About a month ago I got my first professional hair dye, a full brown rinse and blonde patches. I really like it but I have a formal event and think I would like to go back to full...

Tried dying hair brown and it came out with a hint of green [ 2 Answers ]

I am a true blonde, and I dyied my hair a litle brown... The box stated that it was a little natural brown (acorn). So I followed the box to the tee and my hair looks brown with green highlights. What can I do to get a quick fix. I have extremely healthy hair, but I am not sure what to do

Orange/red/green on Top-Dark Brown on the rest [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Last week I dyed my hair a darker shade of Brown. I hated the first color, so I went darker. I have really long hair and the top of my head is basically orange and the rest of my hair is dark brown. How do I make it all one shade of brown and get rid of the orange/red/green? HELP!:(

Green hot water [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter lives in Philly. The hot water tap in the third floor bathtub discharges water with a distinctive green color. This is the only tap that runs green in the house. The lines are copper. What are some possible causes and solutions?

My dog is developing brown scabs and yellowish green pus blisters on his underbelly. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is developing brown scabs & yellowish green pus blisters on his under belly nearest to his pelvis. What do you think is causing this and how can I suppress and or prevent? I've assumed it's possible from urine burn & have allowed him a room to himself in where if he messes he won't be in...

View more questions Search