Sep 22, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Difference between position description and job description
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    :)
    What is the difference between position description and job description
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 10:36 PM

From my experience, I would think that a position description would be a brief summary about key or major duties that a person would have in the position, whereas a job description would go into much more detail as to what the person would need to do in order to fulfill the functions of the job.
    skumar2233 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2012, 07:08 AM
    Position Description comes first; once we create a new position in an organization we will set the core competencies, brief about nature of duties, Grade, Salary Band and standard Salary structure and the reporting level and the same will remain without changes which is called PD, whereas the job description is more detailed about the position role and the tasks (based on location / business requirement it may vary between BU or Location without losing the core competencies and core objective of the position as described in the PD). [email protected] +971508530992

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between job analysis, job description and job specification? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between job description, job analysis and job specification?

Difference between job specification & Job Description? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between job specification & job descreption? What would be the job specification & job descreption of the post of Accountant for news paper Add?

Job description [ 7 Answers ]

How do I make this job description?

IT Job Description [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I would like your help in finding free IT job description for the following positions: 1)Head of IT Consultants 2)Head of the Installation and Support department (After sales support Manager) 3)IT Junior Consultant Thank you Nathaly

Job description [ 1 Answers ]

Job description Why do we have them? How do we develop them? How do new employees know their job description?

View more questions Search