Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bcwattys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Phrase"playing both ends against the middle"
    My son is reading Johnny Tremain and was asked what it meant. I have an example, but can't really define...
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 04:36 PM
    If you are playing both ends against the middle you are manipulating 2 people to compete against each other for your benefit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you translate the latin phrase "Dum tacet clamat" [ 4 Answers ]

I found the latin phrase "Dum tacet clamat" on a gravestone in San Diego. Can anyone translate it into English for me?:confused:

New Country Song - Phrase " you will roll with me" [ 2 Answers ]

There is a new country song out on the radio, and I only know the phrase of " hope you will roll with me", I know a guy sings it and would like to know his name?

What is the origin of the phrase "Press Charges"? [ 1 Answers ]

I am reading a book by C.J. Sansom called Dark Fire. In the book, there is a description of 1540's English criminal justice system. "When she is brought into court, she will be asked to plead guilty or not guilty. If she refuses the under the law she cannot be tried by a jury. But the...

Meaning of phrase "in-house vendor" ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I noticed the following phrase on some newspaper: "in-house vendor". I'm not an English, and I have look for these words in the dictionary. The dictionaries tell me that "in-house" means make by ourselves Vendor means someone who selling something But, what is the whole phrase...

View more questions Search