Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayla812 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 12:42 PM
    What happens to property
    My mother wanted for me to get her property upon her death. I have the paper work to have it transferred signed by her but have not went to the clerk of courts and had it recorded. She has 2 houses but the paper work as far as I can see is only for one house. Where should I start who should I call I amj the only child shopuld I worry about losine the property if I don't get it done in time I don't have long thank you for any help you can give
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Hello kayla:

I don't know if you need to worry about losing anything. However, to make sure that everything is handled properly, I would take my paperwork to a lawyer. Let HIM do it for you. That way you get to KEEP what you get with no worries.

excon
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 22, 2008, 01:02 PM

What "paperwork" are you talking about? A will? Or did she name you as beneficiary with right of survivorship on her properties?

I agree with Excon. You don't want to mess this up, so it's worth getting some professional advice. You don't need to worry about losing anything, BUT... assuming your mother named you as executor in her will you are responsible for making sure her estate's bills are paid, using the estate's money, until such time as the estate's assets officially become yours. For example, you don't want to fall behind on mortgage or property tax payments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property line and position of the property markers [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, we have been having a problem with our neighbors about our property. It seems like they have been enchroaching more and more. Finally they got a survey but all I see are two markers, one is on the top asphalt separating the property to the left of them, then there is a marker all the way in the...

Landlord and loose dog on leased property, doesn't property go with the lease house? [ 31 Answers ]

I lease a house that has a front yard and a backyard and a legal apartment off to the side. My landlord and his dog live in his apt in the garage that I do not think is legal. When we moved in he told us he would be moving in a few months. Before he moved he let his big german sheperd mix run...

Property lien with consent of property owner [ 4 Answers ]

May I put a lien on property, with the owners cooperation and what forms, process do I need? The lien would be to secure repayment of a loan to the property owner.

What is the differnce between a physical property and a chemical property? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question on my science homework that says something similar to this.. help me:confused:

Property Taxes on Property sold for estate settlement. [ 1 Answers ]

We have sold property in Indiana that will be part of and estate settlement. The property sold for less than $100,000. The money from this property will be divided between the 6 children. What taxes will be owed for the sale of this property?

View more questions Search