Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pekpek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Aero Ceiling fan noise
    My Areo Ceiling fan (52" five blade) makes a serious sound when it spins even when I manually spin it when it is off. It sounds as though something is scrapping on the inside of the stationary hub. Is there a way to take it apart enough to see what is scrapping?

I don't have a maual or a repair book. The only thing I can do, it seems, is take the light fixture off to view the bulb.

Pekpek
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 09:45 PM

Take the light glass off and then remove the light kit. Something is probably bent out of shape and touching.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locating a replacement globe for an Aero ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased an Aero 52" contemporay ceiling fan 6 years ago from JCpenney. I broke the globe when replacing the halogen light bulb. Where can I purchase a new globe? The diameter of the base of the globe is 9 3/4" and it screws and locks into the fan base. Your assistance will be appreciated....

Harbor Breeze Aero 52" ceiling fan w/remote [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 fans in my house and they are identical. The remotes were set up differently when they were installed by the contractor so that each fan (and its light) only works with the remote programmed for it. I have lost one of the remotes (my 2 yr old grandson likes to hide remotes evidently). ...

Ceiling Fan Noise [ 1 Answers ]

What causes a ceiling fan to have a ticking sound on the low speed only.

Harbor Breeze Aero ceiling fan/light - manual? [ 1 Answers ]

I installed an Aero 52" fan in my son's room last year. It worked fine for a couple of months then stopped. I have our handyman looking at it now and he thinks the remote might be broken, but would like to look at the Installation Manual. I threw that away shortly after installing it and having it...

Harbor Breeze 52" Aero Ceiling Fan Light Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Just moved into a new apartment, and the light in my ceiling fan blew out. I have tried and tried but can not seem to figure out how to open the light fixture to replace the bulb. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search