Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    birdiemanca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Warm water from cold water line
    The cold water line downstream from the water heater is siphoning water from the water heater causing the cold water to be warm when it comes out of the faucet. There is a "T" that feeds the water heater and then keeps going downstream to a few outlets. If I turn off the valve to the heater I get cold water downstream. When I turn off the hot water supply valves at the downstream faucets I still have warm water. It's not just one downstream outlet that has this problem, it's everyone. Also if I turn on a hot water faucet upstream to the heater I get cold water at the downstream faucets.
    Is there such a thing as a one way valve going to the water heater to prevent this siphon?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 22, 2008, 11:15 AM
    You need to install a heat trap which is a one way valve. Some heater come with nipples but most do not. This is a hardware store item or home center.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Only hot and cold no warm water [ 2 Answers ]

We have only been able to get either really hot water or some cold water from our shower no warm water, also the cold does seem to have a little less pressure but only in our shower.

Upstairs Bathroom Sink - Cold water tab runs very warm for first 30 seconds. [ 14 Answers ]

I do not know much about plumbing. I live in the USA. I have a 60 gallon gas water heater. My problem started maybe a month or two ago. In the bathroom sink of my home's second story the cold water in the sink will run very warm (almost hot) for the first 30 seconds. After that it goes back to...

Something In The Cold Water Line To Tub [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my cold water line coming into my bathroom tub and sink. There seems to be something in the pipe and I was wondering if there is anyway to flush it out? We have a water well.

Cold water getting into hot water line [ 3 Answers ]

Somehow in my house cold water is getting into my hot water lines. Shows up partly in water at taps not hot as should be. Shows up in that shower can turn cold temporarily and then return to hot. How can this be?

View more questions Search