Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yumesonata Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2008, 01:53 AM
    Accounting research topic for dissertation
    I have to write a 10, 000 words dissertation on topics relating to accounting or finance for my undergraduate project. I'm having trouble finding a suitable research topic since I need to conduct a primary research for this dissertation. Please help provide some ideas or suggestions. Thanks.
    AdamUTsel Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2008, 07:08 AM

One growing issue is historical versus fair value accounting. See FAS 157, Standard on Fair Value Accounting (applicable to financial/investment securities currently) and the arguments on both ends.

A very relevant and easy financial topic would be the move towards increased regulation and government intervention in the markets after the credit/banking crisis began. Check out the hundreds on Bloomberg articles that have been posted in the last week.
    DozerOp3 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Sep 22, 2008, 10:02 AM
    I would either write mine on Fair Value (as mentioned before), or revenue recognition. I've done a shorter (7 page) report on Revenue Recognition, and I could have easily done more. I compared GAAP to IFRS. It was a good report because the US is working on a project to make revenue recognition more like IFRS. I believe it is the first step to one worldwide accounting system...
    kissimi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 02:23 PM

But how can you link the finanical crisis with the increased regulation and government intervention? Are there anymore other issues that could be linked with the crisis?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Management Accounting Research Topic [ 1 Answers ]

I have to write a research paper for Management Accounting (or Cost Acct whichever you want to call it) and I don't have a clue what a good topic would be. Any ideas?

Accounting research paper topic [ 10 Answers ]

Hey I have to wirte a research paper for accounting and I'm having trouble coming up with a good idea on what to write about. It can be abount anything in accounting, onlt thing is that it has to be 10 pages long. If anyone had any topic suggestions ide appreciate it. Thanks

Research topic for Accounting and Finance paperwork [ 2 Answers ]

In need of a suitable research topic which relates to Accounting and Finance for my degree course.. Please help..

Dissertation topic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This is fomee, I am doing Masters in HRM and want to do my dissertation on a topic related to reward system. Could you please help me out in finding the topic. Thanks Regards Fomee.

View more questions Search