Candice69 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Beauty eyelash crisis
    Hi im candice and
    i would like to know if vaseline
    helps to grow your eyelashes.
    I heard that it does
    but i am scared that it will
    make my eyelashes fall out or something .
    If someone knows about this please let me know
    i need to know
    i have short eyelashes
    and i want them longer and fuller.
    I asked somebody and they said they dont think it is
    because if it did it people would use it to grow hair LOL.
    But i need an expert to tell me if vaseline does help them grow
    and if there are any side effects.And if it does than would it permanent .
    Or if that does not work if there is anything other than vaseline besides like lavitalash
    and stuff because that is just a waste of money because your eyelashes do not
    stay permanently long
    only for like 5 or 6 months .
    HELP ME !!

-Candice
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 09:46 PM

No, vaseline does not help eyelashes grow.

Your eyelash length is determined by your genes. If you are related to a Guernsey cow, you will have lovely, long eyelashes.

You can apply false eyelashes or use an eyelash curler and mascara, but there is no way to make them actually grow longer.

Sep 21, 2008, 11:00 PM

Well I have short eyelashes
    And my friend is not a cow and she has
    Beautiful eyelashes .lol
    You don't need to be a cot to have long eyelashes lol.
    I heard from allot of people that these help your eyelash grow longer.

-vitamin E oil
    -castor oil
    -vaseline
    -olive oil

And because the castor oil is for hair growth
    It could also be used for eyelash growth

Goshh I am so confused
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Candice69 View Post
    I heard from allot of people that these help your eyelash grow longer.

-vitamin E oil
    -castor oil
    -vaseline
    -olive oil
    I don't think so. I've lived many years. If an eyelash lengthening thing existed, I would have heard about it by now.

Any oil will smooth and maybe make healthier and give a shine to eyelashes so they will look prettier, but they don't get longer.

Sep 22, 2008, 10:19 PM

A lot of people said they've tried castor oil
    And said it helped they're eyelashes
    Grow a bit and thicken them some what.
    Well I'm going too try it
    They said it does not work right away
    Butmaybe in a month or so you start seeing your lashes being a bit longer.
    But I am going to try the vitamin E oil.
    I just hope my eyelashes don't fall out.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2008, 10:24 PM

Hmmm. Did they measure the lashes? How can they tell the lashes are "a bit longer"? And a MONTH? C'mon.

How will you apply the oil?

Sep 23, 2008, 06:54 PM

Um yeah they don't measure the lashes
    But they said if you trim the end a bit
    And them apply castor oil or vaseline or
    vitamin e oil with you finger tips
    While closing your eyes and just slide across
    Your eyelashes but don't put too much on
    And they said they're lashes grew a bit in a month or two
    And even thickened .And I read something about that and it said its true but
    If those results don't show than you will for sure have conditioned and smoother eyelashes .And usually they said that
    Those oils will give longer eyelashes
    But depending on your religion
    If you were born asian it helps because
    Rhey're eyelashes are short.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 09:47 AM

In the winter, because my skin is so dry, I often remove my eye makeup with vaseline and cotton pads. I have covered my eyelids and lashes for years this way. I have pretty eyes, but I don't have long, thick lashes. I'm naturally blond, and there's no hope for me in that department.

If you have to have long lashes, why not use fakes? I've never tried them, but if I were going to the grammys I'd stick them to me in a second.
    jennysolano18 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Sep 24, 2008, 10:28 AM

Hey Candice69,

I really don't know about that product you mention but I have heard that olive oil helps make your eye lashes longer. If you use it for 2 weeks without any mascara they will grow. I have never tried it myself but I have heard it does work.

Sep 24, 2008, 02:15 PM

For the fake one it's just too much problem with getting them on and they don't really look real.
    And also I heard of the lilash eyelash conditioner
    But I think they only sell that in america
    Not in canada
    And also it doesn't even last see you put it on
    Twice a day or so and your eyelashes will
    Get longer but your eyelashes will only stay long for about 5 months
    I don't think I even want to spend like 150 on something like that if it will only last 5 months.
    Yeah I heard olive oil does help,but
    In case my eyelashes were too fall out
    I'm scared.So I also found a new product its called star lash
    You could find it at www.starlash.com
    And it is sopposed to help your eyelashes longer within 21 days or less I want too try that
    But they should say how long you will have longer eyelashes and thicker.
    And well I was looking up on Google aout olive oil
    And some people say yes it works
    And others say it doesn't .What's that all about
    I need a straight and accurate answer or a post saying if it any of these work or not

Olive oil
    vitamin e oil
    Castor oil

Because I do not want too ruin my eyelashes
    They are already short
    I just need an answer from someone
    That is right and they have tried it
    Or something close to that.
    (:
    -candice

Sep 24, 2008, 02:20 PM
    You could also get eyelash implants they put about 50 or 60
    In and it lasts a life time
    And you have to keep trimming them otherwise
    They will grow like hair on your head.. hehe
    Maybe even faster.
    But the only problem is I heard it costs a lot!
    But maybe in america it is different
    But I want to find one in canada
    And see how much it would cost
    Because they can't be that much okay yes they could because its implants and they grow
    But this surgical thing is for those who lost thei eyebrowns and eyelashes.
    Or have spots not filled in .

Sep 25, 2008, 06:32 PM

No ones helpful
    On this website
    I really don't see the poing in this
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 07:55 AM

There is nothing in olive oil or vitamin e that can harm your lashes. Have you tried googling them regarding eyelash growth?

All posters are offering the information they know. The great majority of people on this site are not experts. They are simply people who are generous enough with their time and energy to try to help other people find answers to their questions. Sometimes we just don't have the answers.

Try not to take this the wrong way, but you might want to consider the possibility that you could be obsessing over a tiny little detail of your whole body.

If you want a definitive answer for a permanent solution, make an appointment with your doctor or a cosmetic surgeon.

Sep 26, 2008, 08:27 PM

Getting eyelash implants would be would cost too much .And yeah I went on Google
    And looked up vaseline and eyelash growth and lots of them say it does work and than other don't ,they lie about it maybe I don't know why can't they just tell the truth .
    So you don't know anything about vaseline and eyelash growth?
    And I know olive oil or vaseline does not cause any harm but if you got it in your eyes than that might sting .
    And yes I know I am being petty about a little thing like this .But it doesn't hurt to ask.
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2008, 05:24 AM

I have used vaseline in the winter for years to remove my eye makeup, and I have never noticed a difference in length or fullness. Of course, I wasn't looking to see if it made my lashes grow. I just heard that olive oil is an excellent eye make up remover, but I haven't tried it yet. Olive oil contains vitamin e, as well as other vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. It also has mild anti-inflammatory properties. I apply a nice little glop of vaseline and rub it into my lashes and lids. Then I use cotton pads (like flat cotton balls) to remove it. It doesn't sting. It's just gloppy. It's best not to get it in your eyes, but it doesn't burn or sting whatsoever. Try it, I suppose. You have nothing to lose.

If you want a quick solution, find a lash lengthening/thickening mascara. Some mascaras contain extra conditioners. Remove it with vaseline or olive oil.

Then make sure to come back here to tell us if it works!
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2008, 09:41 AM

I have used vaseline in the winter for years to remove my eye makeup, and I have never noticed a difference in length or fullness. Of course, I wasn't looking to see if it made my lashes grow. I just heard that olive oil is an excellent eye make up remover, but I haven't tried it yet. Olive oil contains vitamin e, as well as other vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. It also has mild anti-inflammatory properties. I apply a nice little glop of vaseline and rub it into my lashes and lids. Then I use cotton pads (like flat cotton balls) to remove it. It doesn't sting. It's just gloppy. It's best not to get it in your eyes, but it doesn't burn or sting whatsoever. Try it, I suppose. You have nothing to lose.

If you want a quick solution, find a lash lengthening/thickening mascara. Some mascaras contain extra conditioners. Remove it with vaseline or olive oil.

Then make sure to come back here to tell us if it works!

Sep 27, 2008, 06:24 PM

Yeah I heard olive oil does
    Too .Does any know if bio oil could help it too
    Since it has pure oil in it?
    Aquabeauty Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Listen to WonderGirl! You will be wasting your time and money trying to make your eyelashes grow. At best, all of the oils listed will help improve the condition of your lashes. I'd recommend instead investing in a great conditioning and lengthening mascara and an eyelast curler. Lancome has some great ones.The lengthening ingredients will stretch your lashes with all their might! When you apply the mascara start at the base and wiggle up to the ends of your lashes. And always remove your make-up at the end of the night.

If you want some extra oomph, try strip lashes for a night out on the town. Use Duo adhesive to apply them... it has a tacky substance. So, you could take them off at night without ripping out your natural beautys!

Good luck
    Aquabeauty Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2008, 02:38 PM

Oh, I'm new so I better say this: I'm a licensed esthetician in the State of Michigan. I also do freelance make-up work and have a background in beauty retail. I don't represent any particular company or brand. So, if I recommend a product or ingredient, its because I think it works.
    lilashuser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Hey everyone!
    I am currently on my third week of using it and I feel like I have seen some new lashes grow, and that the ones I had previously are also slightly longer. I have a blog (LiLash Results) that you can check out, feel free to post any questions or comments since I check it more than this site (I just registered) :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eyelash problems [ 3 Answers ]

Over the past year the centre part of my top eyelashes have straightened to the point of obstructing my vision. I don't need or wear glasses, I have tried eyelash perming but my lashes were too strong and it didn't work. The doctor and optician have no idea why my once, beautiful, long curling...

Woman in crisis [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering I didn't come on my period for 2 months I went to see my doctor and he says I'm not pregnant. But I just come on my period, but I still got all the symptoms of pregnancy. Can you help me. Is it possible that I'm pregnant?

Eyelash Growth [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone tell me if this is true? Using eyelash conditioners you will see an increase in length and that they will really go thicker. I'm always wasting money on fake claims. X

Middle Name Crisis [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone... sorry I've been MIA. But I'm in a major delimma.. I can't for the life of me find a good middle name. We are having a baby girl and we dicided to name her Emma, but we simply can't find a good middle name, I looked at hundreds of websites but just can't find that one name that fits...

Many Crisis [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure how to help myself. I am very upset most of my life. I can't afford therapy and I am afraid to if I could. The man that I love is so against mental illness. Ever since I can remember I have worried about things. I am talking about a young age. First it was my father? Was he...

View more questions Search