Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kekebrown Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Sep 21, 2008, 04:36 PM
    The Accumulated Depreciation's account balance is the sum of
    The Accumulated Depreciation's account balance is the sum of
    Depreciation expense recorded in past periods.
    True/False

I think True

21. Supplies are recorded as assets when purchased. Therefore, the credit to supplies in the adjusting entry is for the amount of supplies:
    a. that are in the ending balance
    b. purchased
    c. used
    d. either used or remaining

I think it is B
    DozerOp3 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Sep 21, 2008, 06:53 PM
    In the simplest terms, the answer to your first question is correct. However, if an asset is disposed of, then you clear out the accumulated depreciation for that asset.

The answer to your 2nd question is incorrect. Lets think about this. When you buy an asset (supplies) the journal entry would be:
    Dr. Supplies
    Cr. Cash (or however you paid)

Your answer (purchase supplies) would do the above journal entry. If you Credited supplies, would you be reducing or increasing supplies? In the above entry you are increasing supplies. So, when you credit supplies, you are decreasing them... so... you are accounting for the supplies used. Does that make sense? The correct answer is "C"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating net income with only account balance changes [ 1 Answers ]

I have the following: Account balance changed for 2008: Assets - increase 400K Liabilities - increase 150K Capital Stock - increase 120K Add'l paid-in capital - increase 110K They also paid out 20,000 in dividends and assume no other changes to retained earnings, what is net income?

Asset account and its contra account balance is called? [ 2 Answers ]

I was unable to fined the answer to this question in my learning material. Thank you in advance for any help with this question.:)

Determining an Ending Account Balance [ 1 Answers ]

I need help in determining the end balance of this account below. I have tried an continue to get the wrong answer. Wilma's Accounting Services was organized on April 1, 2007. The company received a contribution of $1,700 from each of the three principal owners. During the month, Wilma's...

Ending balance of a capital account [ 1 Answers ]

How do you determine the ending balance of a capital account?

View more questions Search