Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eriknugent Posts: 90, Reputation: -5

Sep 21, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Non latex birth contol
    Hey I'm male looking for a list of non latex condoms or other non latex alternative oh and she can't take the pill I screws up her cycle.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 12:55 PM

If you are in the US, any major drug or chain store should have them available.

Sep 21, 2008, 07:01 PM

Yes I am aware what I am looking for is to see what is out there that I am not aware of. Just want to see if I have more options thanks though.
    DonaldM_23 Posts: 86, Reputation: 10

Sep 22, 2008, 11:38 AM

Your legal options is the local pharmacy. What ever you need, you should find it.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 22, 2008, 01:24 PM

I would make sure to use non-latex condoms on TOP of whatever other birth control SHE decides to use.

And as far as her options, she needs to see a physician. There are very few over-the-counter birth control options for women, and a complete check-up is required before any doctor will prescribe birth control of any sort.

Sep 22, 2008, 02:02 PM

Apparently no one seems to understand what I am asking for. I use non latex condoms I only know of two or three brands I was wondering if there were any others or if there might be other options just for me there is nothing a doctor can give that does not mess up her cycle.
    DonaldM_23 Posts: 86, Reputation: 10

Sep 24, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldM_23 View Post
    Your legal options is the local pharmacy. What ever you need, you should find it.

I gave you a very general answer, if your seeking something higher than a over the counter product. Your best bet is to consult with a doctor not a open forum.

Oct 6, 2008, 07:35 PM

I am asking for specific brands of condoms or other things that are non-latex that I as a male can use. If you can't answer don't respond.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 6, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eriknugent View Post
    if you can't answer don't respond.
    No need to be so rude... There are different products throughout the world, and from pharmacy to pharmacy, each brand is specific to the area and the pharmacy. Since this is a worldwide web site you risk getting answers from everywhere.

The best thing to do is go to your pharmacy and ASK them what brands they sell.
    Expert

Oct 7, 2008, 03:47 AM
    i am asking for specific brands of condoms or other things that are non-latex that i as a male can use. if you can't answer don't respond.
    How about a vasectomy?

That's COMPLETELY latex-free.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2008, 04:12 AM

And just an addition about your girlfriend. If the pill messes her cycle up. Has she thought ab out IUD's or maybe Depo-Provera (the needle) I've been on depo for ohh goodness YEARS now. There is a risk with it for bone density problems. I have to be scanned for it every two years. It is the only BC I have come across besides internal devices that does not mess with my system. Though with some users of depo they can bleed constantly and need to be taken off it. You may not bleed at all. And in some rare cases you will still have your peroid but less often. Like once every twelve weeks. It can be expensive if you don't have a medical plan. In canada it costs me around 49.00 once every twelve weeks for it. Which isn't bad in my opinion. The shot goes either in your arm or your butt cheek (where the muscle is bigger) though alternating between places is what the doctor reccomends. Me personally I only get it in my arms
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2008, 05:36 AM
    i am asking for specific brands of condoms or other things that are non-latex that i as a male can use. if you can't answer don't respond.

I actually owned and ran a Pharmacy - so, yes, there are a lot of brands out there. That doesn't mean YOUR Pharmacy carries them - so ask the Pharmacist. And by the way, most condoms ARE used by males so you really didn't have to write that part.

And don't EVER send me a PM again - if you don't have the intestinal fortitude (which means guts) to post it on the board, keep it to yourself!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 07:23 PM
    eriknugent i don't mean to be rude but no one will answer the question in a specific manner that I requested sorry again I was looking for specifics most pharmacies only know what they supply
    No need to disagree with me. I'm sorry, but you aren't going to get specifics here. As far as I know, we only have one member who has ever run a pharmacy.

You have two choices here that I can see... Go to your local pharmacy and see what THEY carry, or follow Synnen's advice and get your tubes clipped, tied and burned.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 07:28 PM

eriknugent, do some research, why should we do it for you, especially when your rude when you do get answers.

Google is a great tool, use it, learn it, love it. I'm tired of doing other peoples research for them.

Also, read the rules, disagrees are for factually incorrect answers only, not because you didn't like the answer. :(
    Pets Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 09:17 PM

asking for specifics and being told to go some where else is not an answer it may be what I need to do but it is not an answer
    I beg to differ. If I've told you what you need to do, then it is an answer.

Once again, my advice was not factually incorrect, so you have no right to give me a reddie. It's against the rules of the site. Rules you were required to read before using this site.

I suggest you read them now, because if you continue this you won't last long here.

Thank you.
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Jan 6, 2009, 09:28 PM

Best birth control is not to have sex at all...
    Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVY View Post
    Best birth control is not to have sex at all...
    If you're married and just not ready for kids yet---not an option.

The OP doesn't state whether he is married to his partner.

The OP also hasn't been back in about 4 months.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 09:47 PM

Oh, has it been that long? There was so much activity that I didn't even look at the date.

... why did we even bother with this then?
    Pets Expert

Jan 6, 2009, 09:47 PM

Actually Synn, he came today just to give me a reddie. But he hasn't responded to anyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have been on Birth Contol for 1.5 months, but I constantly forget to take the pills [ 3 Answers ]

So - I have been on Birth Control for about 1.5 months, but I am constantly forgetting to take the pills (this month, for example, I have missed 6 pills already! ) My boyfriend and I do not use condoms and we have sex a lot. :) I have been pregnant before, but I had a miscarriage, and now I am...

Cutting for contol? [ 21 Answers ]

I recently cut myself. Never done it before. I read up about cutting and it said people do it to release emotional pain, but doesn't sound like me. I'm not sure. At the time I was thinking how I have absolutely no control over anything that's going on in my life. Then I cut myself. It hurt a...

Birth contol pills [ 4 Answers ]

A girl told me that she, on occasion, will skip her period by starting a new pack of birth control pills right after finishing another. (meaning, she doesn't give the week or so break in between to allow her period like is told by the doctor) Now I have to admit, I have thought about doing this...

LaTex [ 3 Answers ]

Just a thought, but LaTex would really be nice in this forum. I wonder if there's anyway to get the 'powers-that-be' to implement it. Does anyone agree?

Just stopped birth contol [ 1 Answers ]

I was on Yaz starting October 26, the day after my period ended, for a total of 11 days before the side effects were just too much. The day after I stopped taking the pills I had a light brown/watery discharge that lasted for about 4 days. I have yet to get my period when before I was normally a...

View more questions Search