Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noticeoftrial Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2006, 08:35 PM
    Just looking for some opinions on a case
    I was charged with trespassing. I [ youth ] entered a school, requesting at the administration to speak with a individual from that school. This was denied, and I was asked to leave. Upon exiting in the corridor area, the student was there, they invited me to speak with them. I spoke with them and a disagreement and misunderstanding occurred. At that time I threw and smashed my cellular phone on the ground and upon exiting kicked a sign, not breaking a stride and left. Upon leaving I was invited back in by the principal, well more so I was called to come back to the property. Upon entering she got my story, which you have read, the she warned me that if I was on the property again the police would be notify and I would be charged with trespassing. Upon leaving I met my Guardian One, who had been notified by my Guardian Two, that the individual which whom I spoke to THEIR Guardian was notified. When they were notified it was that I was not to return to that schools property and if I did a charge would be laid. Having said this, the event seemed to be cleared up and all was over with. Shortly after my arrival to my residence I was contacted by police and summons a fine. I am currently challenging this summary, I am just wondering what my chances with legal help in this case are. Thanks post away.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2006, 08:40 PM
    A) Add some spaces to make this easier to read

B) What do you mean by Guardian One/Guardian Two? Like a Mom and Dad, put they are simply your legal gardians? Saying Mom and Dad would make it all easier to follow

C) Where do you live? As the answer you get will need to be based on where you live (state/province, country)
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 17, 2006, 09:22 PM
    Yea the guardian thing is lame... just say foster mom /dad or my two legal guardians(uncle /aunt cousin.. something other than guardian 1 guardian 2...

So to get this straight... you went to this kids school to "talk" to him
    You were told no and to leave by the principal

Upon leaving you run into this kid in the hallway and a "disagreement"happens

You get pissed ,break your phone and kick a sign on the way out

The principal says get back here and tells you if you return again the cops will be called and you will be charged with trespassing..

Upon leaving the building your guardians arrive to take you home because they were called by this kids parents/guardian

You get home and shortly after... this is where I lose you...
    What does summons a fine and fight a summary mean?.
    I've heard of issuing a summons and paying the fine
    But never heard of challenging a summary... do you mean the summary of charges... please explain

In my opinion this is what comes across to me as I read your letter... bare with me

You(boy)went to school to find individual(girl)to settle something..
    You didn't hear what you wanted so an argument happened
    You blew up
    Broke phone(the phone has some bearing on this argument I'm betting because if I was pissed I wouldn't waste my time to reach down to grab my phone to throw it at the ground... waste of time... unless.. you were already holding it trying to make a point to her like she never returns calls or something..
    Kicked sign because you broke your phone and didn't win argument
    She called her parents who end up calling your guardians(parents)

Sounding like a ex boyfriend situation so far

Your parents arrive where as the principal tells them if they don't take you home right now the school will call the cops and charge you with trespassing and perhaps more
    You arrive home(betcha that ride home sucked)
    The cops arrive shortly after to issue you a ticket...

Are you positive is was for trespassing and not disorderly conduct and destruction of property?

And you come here asking if there is a way to get out of it... im still thinking.. no..
    Charges will probably stick
    Your guardians are out some $$
    You get issued community service
    You get a record
    And your out a cell phone

This whole story just rubbed me the wrong way in case you didn't notice... just doesn't feel right

Sorry about the length folks.. just in a mood tonight
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2006, 06:18 AM
    Hi, notice,
    Since you were told to leave the school, and didn't immediately, you will have to answer to the summons, and possibly appear in court. Schools are now not very lenient with "trespassers"; too many things happen in schools; drugs, shootings, etc, that have increased the security of all public schools.
    It's too late now to think about what you did, and will have to pay the price.
    If you don't pay, it will lead to more severe actions by the police.
    You could get a lawyer, or if you are a teen, your parents or guardian will have to do it for you. I do wish you the best of luck.
    noticeoftrial Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2006, 08:54 PM
    Wow, a grade nine student should not have to deal with these blown out of proportion assumptions. I was only looking for some advice, sorry my story didn't meet your site requirements or something or other. To the two who had a positive outcome, thanks.

I guess this blog/forum world is similar to eBay, trust the people with the most sales/posts. Just since your not in the mood doesn't mean you should put me out of place, you think my gaurdians care, no, nor does your help 192 posts.

My teacher helped me get a lawyer, his friend, so he's just doing it for free! And the story in my words, makes him believes the fine is gone and nothing comes out of it. Crossing fingers.

I feel 2 post is sufficient and my existent on this site is no more.

Thanks, and for the people who actual help, keep up the work, I am sure there are other young lads like myself just curious as to law situations, and just want some advice rather then getting e-slapped.
    GaryArt Posts: 43, Reputation: 12

Aug 31, 2006, 11:28 PM
    How old are you? Apparently not old or mature enough to comprehend that a school is not the place for any sort of "discussion" with a student during school hours. How naive/neurotic are you that you needed to interrupt a student's schoolday for a bit of "kidstuff" melodrama? Get a life.

If you wanted to be treated as an adult, and taken seriously, stop doing childish things. Oh, and by the way, part of being mature would be the understanding that, no matter how you word it, silliness will be what it is... there ain't no way you're going to turn this around to where you're the "victim".
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2006, 05:07 PM
    In all likelihood, the guardian of the person you had the misunderstanding with filed the charges against you. It is their right to do this even if the principal of the school in question chose not to. Are you a student at this school? If not you should never have gone there while school was in session. Whatever business you needed to take care of with this other person could and should have waited until school was over. A word of advice ; never enter a school property and confront another person there. Schools take such breaches of security very seriously and will quickly resort to law enforcement and criminal action to protect their school, especially from outside intruders. Actually you're fortunate that the principal didn't press charges against you but let you off with a warning. Most principals would have "gone for your throat", in a manner of speaking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need opinions [ 2 Answers ]

My nephew has an outstanding warrant for drug use. He did not appear in court. His dad signed a 5000.00 surety bond and he did not appear. Since the first incident my sisters home has been raided once again. They did not find my nephew there. They did arrest his dad (my brotherinlaw) for stolen...

Guys Opinions Please [ 15 Answers ]

To all the guys... if you had a girl call you every day for months for business advice (truly) would you be irritated with her? I tried calling once or twice on a friendly basis but his married and I don't want any trouble... just business... (I mean we talk personal after business conversation...

Would appreciate some opinions on a relationship. [ 5 Answers ]

First, I'll start by saying I'm not sure how well I could put in to words the entire situation I'm in, since it's hard to describe personalities and things of that nature, but I'll try. The thing is, I've been dating this girl for nearly 4 months, and things are going wonderful. It's past the...

Opinions of the Internet [ 22 Answers ]

I was on the ask me help desk site for teens and I was looking for new posts to help with when I saw the ads on the page they went as such: CUTE BLACK GUYS: Date Sexy Black Singles. Join Tens of Thousands of Black Singles. Cute Young Guy: Meet men with similar for dating & more. Go search...

Your Opinions Wanted [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, A person asked this question at another question/answer websie: Sometimes my toshiba laptop slows down at any program I'm using. I go into Task Mangager and then under the Processes tab it shows 100% usage at the bottom of it so I have to reboot the PC to run normal. Why does it do this? ...

View more questions Search