Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badsin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Photo Folder
    I have a Panasonic Lumix Digital camera and when I download all the pictures how can I retrieve them as an attachement when sending an e mail
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 06:32 AM

Retrieve them from whom? Do you mean "how do you SEND them to someone as an attachment?" What's your actual question, please clarify.
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Sep 21, 2008, 07:08 AM

I assume you use software that came with your camera, and it is downloading your photos from the camera to your computer. You need to find the location on your computer where the software is putting your photos. Try using Windows Explorer (or Finder, if you are on a Mac), and browsing around in My Documents. See if there is a folder for Pictures or My Pictures - if so look in that folder and look in the sub folders. This is the location where most photo software puts your pictures.

Once you find the folders where your photos are stored, you can send a full-size image by right clicking on the file and then selecting "send to email". This will create a new email message and put the file as an attachment.

Or, if you have already started an email, in your email software you can "select image" or "select attachment" or similar, and then browse to the location in My Documents / My Pictures, and select the file and attach it.

However, if your recipient is only going to view the photo on their computer and not print it, they don't need (or want) a full-size image. In this event, you need to make a resized copy of your image that is suitable for emailing. The software that came with your Lumix should have an option to resize the image. Make sure you save the resized image as a COPY - never use "save" and overwrite your original because you will never be able to make a print once you have resized the file for email or web use. To resize for email, I usually save at 600 pixels by 800 pixels. If the software has a setting for DPI or Resolution, you can ignore that, unless the software doesn't let you specify pixels. If it only lets you specify inches, save at 6 inches x 8 inches, at a resolution (or DPI) of 100 (which is 600x800 pixels). Use SAVE AS and put the file where you can easily find it, such as on your Desktop.

After you have sent the email you can delete this file, as it is just a copy of your original file, stored in My Pictures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Folder.exe [ 3 Answers ]

Somehow, my computer got affected from a virus that creates "new folder.exe" anywhere, and makes the "uslottery.co.us" as home-page for my browser. I'm using mcafee but it didn't cure it. What should I do?

New Folder.exe [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I want to find the solution of newfolder.exe virus manually without using any software. Also give me the brief detail about New Folder .exe virus. Thanks and Regards.

Install folder is missing from my Windows (XP) folder [ 3 Answers ]

How odd. Tried to install a program and got "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". I found the fix options at microsoft.com but one of them refers to C:\Windows\Installer - and I realize I don't have it! How the heck it disappeared I have no clue :confused: Hope hope...

Photo [ 2 Answers ]

Just in case someone here knows hw are 3d photos made

3d photo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pictue in 3d of an eagle landing on a branch ==how are these made

View more questions Search