Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IAKHAN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 11:39 PM
    Rheem Hot Water heater lockout
    Hi. I have a Rheem Power Vent hot water heater, model PVW50-36FV, I was painting in the basement with little ventilation. The far right and left LED lights indicate the FV sensor detected the presence of flammable vapors. The unit is shut down and in lockout mode. How do I unlock this unit? Any help would be appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 01:22 AM
    See this thread

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...er-261297.html

Contact RHEEM manufacturing for the correct answers. Last one I serviced was a real pain. In many cases the combustion air shutter slams shut not allowing the unit to fire off.
    homeboy24 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 7, 2010, 12:08 AM

Follow reset procedures on the bottom of page 9... for flammable vapor lockout it truly works!

http://backyardman.com/uploads/rheem_control.pdf
    Evansdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2012, 06:08 AM
    Homeboy 24 wrote

Follow reset procedures on the bottom of page 9... What is that procedure? I don't have page 9.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My rheem water heater keeps popping the circuit. [ 1 Answers ]

My Rheem water heater keeps popping the circuit. There is a green light that keeps flashing. I can't tell if it's trying to light the pilot light. This model should automatically start the pilot light. Any ideas?

Power Vent Rheem Hot Water Heater [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Power Vent hot water heater, model 21VP40-1. My problem is that it will not stay lit on the final start up stage. It operates OK, stays lit, if turned on manualy on the unit. I have replaced the gas valve. I am leaning toward the control module. Any advice?

Rheem eletric water heater trouble [ 1 Answers ]

We are getting a smell around the water heater tank area, that smells like decomp... There are no leaks and this smell seems to come and go . My wife can smell it much more than I can and she thinks that we need to replace the heater. I can't see how a smell would be coming from the tank if there...

Rheem water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have 50 Gallon Rheem gas water heater that has a igniter button. The water heater will not light when pushing the igniter button. The gas line is open. The tank is only 3 years old and was winterized before we moved in. Do anyone know how to light or bypass the igniter button to light this tank?...

View more questions Search