Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckc43055 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Riding mower ignition
    I lost the key to my riding mower.since I have used screwdrivers and completely striped the ignition. Is there a way around this to start it with the ignition in the off position?
    Northern Mike Posts: 44, Reputation: 4

Sep 21, 2008, 01:36 AM
    Hi ckc,
    Play it safe and get a new switch. Don't bypass it.
    Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding mower ignition switch diagrams [ 3 Answers ]

I have a MTD Hechinger mower model 146-834-372 with electrical problems. I have chased out all of the wiring but am not sure of the internal functions of the ignition switch. Any one know of where I can find this information? I cannot find it on the MTD site. The switch is a standard 5 pin with the...

MTD riding mower - ignition switch not starting engine [ 2 Answers ]

My MTD riding mower (an older model) does not make any attempt to start the engine when I turn the key on the ignition. (no sound, no turning over of the engine, nothing). It is similar to what happens if the blades are down. (But they arent). When I attempted to start the engine at the...

Murray riding Mower, Ignition [ 1 Answers ]

Will start and run fine, but won't shut off with key. I'm checking grounds but have found nothing out of order so far. My next guess would be a faulty ignition switch. Its and older model, 12.5 HP. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Toro 1744HXL riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I need a diagram for replacing the belt in the mowing deck of a Toro 17-44HLX riding mower

View more questions Search