Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:17 PM
    I vote for writing her a letter. Since you've already written a poem, this is something a little different. Just let her know what you admire about her, what made you fall in love with her, how she makes you a better person, etc.

When you are apart, she can always reread when she is missing you.

To me, that would be much more valuable then flowers or jewelry.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 11:41 PM

If you are as retarded at writing letters as I am try a photo album, but personalise it with photos and memories of your past year.

For example: have a page of photos from a trip to the beach and include some seashells on the page...
    NItEMArE129 Posts: 222, Reputation: 29

Apr 28, 2009, 02:58 PM

These are some great ideas. And unfortunately, I'm severely handicapped in not only letters but in photo albums as well >.<
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 07:26 PM

Just write the truth, its more touching than any contrived bs anyway...
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 28, 2009, 07:33 PM

This is what I'd want:

A video with him telling her his feelings so whenever I wanted to be able to see my man I could just play the video. You could even make a slideshow with all your favorite pics and places together and read a poem in the video. And do all the things that make her laugh and smile.

On the day you see her before she leaves, take her to do her favorite things get her flowers or candy or something cutesy and tell her she can't watch the video until she gets there and gets settled in and seal it with a kiss.

Just my thoughts... I love this cutesy stuff. :)

Feb 27, 2010, 09:35 PM
    Girlfriend doesn't think I care
    Threads merged

My girlfriend of a year and a half have recently hit a snag. She says she feels like I just don't care about her, and she also feels like she enjoys talking to her other friends more than me. How can I try to fix this? I really do care about her and would like to be the one she enjoys talking to most.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 09:38 PM

Maybe she really wants a good listener instead of a good talker. Are you a good listener when she talks? (Women like to talk.)

Also, do you always try to fix or find solutions to things she complains about?

Feb 27, 2010, 09:43 PM

She doesn't really complain to me or talk to me about problems a lot simply because she doesn't tend to have a lot of problems. She tells me it's more that I don't talk to her or spontaneously start conversations. Stuff like that really.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 10:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NItEMArE129 View Post
    She doesn't really complain to me or talk to me about problems a lot simply because she doesn't tend to have a lot of problems. She tells me it's more that I don't talk to her or spontaneously start conversations. Stuff like that really.
    Then spontaneously start conversations by asking her "how" or "why" or "what do you think" questions to get her talking so the onus isn't on you to carry the conversation. Give her lots of empathetic responses such as "Wow! Really?" or "Who wudda thunk?" or "Tell me more." Guys like to talk about cars, sports, girls, and food. What do she and her friends talk about? -- probably clothes, makeup, hair, work or school, other girls' personalities and how they get along in life. Or does she want to talk about philosophy, politics, religion, and bestseller books?
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 27, 2010, 10:22 PM
    My girlfriend of a year and a half have recently hit a snag. She says she feels like I just don't care about her, and she also feels like she enjoys talking to her other friends more than me. How can I try to fix this? I really do care about her and would like to be the one she enjoys talking to most.
    Maybe she is saying that you don't care about her as an excuse. I see this as a excuse to slowly let you down, so she can get out. Maybe that's why she says she enjoys talking to her friends more, so she can go hang out with them, and move on, while she has you still hanging around when she needs you

Feb 27, 2010, 10:28 PM

Wondergirl- I've tried to do a lot of that stuff before, but I'm getting the feeling that she wants more. Like, I've tried to make it so that we still have something to talk about no matter what.

Dynocompe- I don't think it's that, just because I know her really well and she's not that type.

Feb 27, 2010, 10:33 PM

I just like to perpare you for the worst, and when they break up with you, you usually are in shock, and do not understand how they could do that, and think they changed over night! But if you can see from a outside view, you can see how they didn't change over night.
    I just find it hard to believe she actually thinks you don't care, because you care so much that you found this site to post on. So I just think something is missing
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 10:40 PM
    Wondergirl- I've tried to do a lot of that stuff before, but I'm getting the feeling that she wants more.
    That's too general. "More" what?? Ask her for specifics.

Feb 27, 2010, 10:42 PM
    [QUOTE=NItEMArE129;2252347]Wondergirl- I've tried to do a lot of that stuff before, but I'm getting the feeling that she wants more. Like, I've tried to make it so that we still have something to talk about no matter what.

QUOTE]

So you have tried all what wondergirl suggests, but you still think she really means that you don't care? I don't think so, I think it is that she is beginning not to care

Feb 27, 2010, 10:47 PM

So I just talked to her, and she said that all she wants is for me to say I love you randomly. I'm pretty sure that's not all she wants, but I think it is part of how she feels.

Dyno- I can see where you're coming from, but I really don't feel that's what it is. I'll keep what you say in mind though because it does make sense.

Feb 27, 2010, 10:50 PM

Good to have a open mind, good luck!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 10:56 PM
    So I just talked to her, and she said that all she wants is for me to say I love you randomly. I'm pretty sure that's not all she wants, but I think it is part of how she feels.
    And be creative in how you say "I love you." Do you know what I mean?

Apr 12, 2010, 06:34 PM
    I feel suffocated
    Threads merged

My girlfriend and I have been dating almost two years. It's been a fairly good relationship with a few up and downs, but we've been pretty close for the most of it.

I'm a really busy guy. I have a lot of schoolwork, sports, and extracurricular activities that I spend a lot of time studying for.
    Recently, I've been feeling like she's been suffocating me. Throughout high school, most of our friends know us as really a couple. I've felt like I don't really have much of an identity on my own. Even now, she's just become the manager for my sports team, so I can't even have any time to be myself with my friends there. Also, she's had ideas for marriage and kids when I'm really not ready to commit to that right now.

I talked to her today and we decided to go on a break for a week. I feel like I want to break up, but at the same time I don't want to hurt her as she does have issues with depression and anxiety.

Am I making the right decision?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 12, 2010, 09:27 PM

After the roller coaster ride the two of you have been on, you needed a break.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you fall out of love when there are issues in the relationship? [ 4 Answers ]

For some of you who have read my threads my ex recently broke up w/me we had a lot of issues & we fought a lot which was not healthy. Above it all I was sure of one thing that he was more in love w/me than I was with him because we did have some amazing times together. He told me I was the love of...

Relationship Issues [ 10 Answers ]

Hiii, I'm olivia.. I am about to tell you the most insane story and I need desperate advice. I won't mention the whole scenario, but I am 18 and I have been going out with my boyfriend since I was 16. It took him 6 months to ask me out cause he thought I was too good for him or something...

Relationship issues [ 1 Answers ]

Ive been with my boyfriend for 4 years now. He lived in upper state PA and i lived in DE. so we were 1 hour apart. About 1 year ago, i moved up in PA and we got a apartment together. So i moved my whole life for him. i was thinking were going to be together for a long time, maybe for marriage...

Relationship issues [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dateing my boyfriend for 4 months. We fell in love right off the bat. He tells me he loves me a lot. But he treats me like we are not in a really seriouse relationship. He use to text me everyday telling me to have a good day and that he loves me. Now nothing. The only time he will...

Relationship issues [ 19 Answers ]

About seven months ago I became involved with a woman whose husband had abandoned her. At first our relationship revolved around her heartbreak over her husband's actions. He had been unfaithful to her on at least two occasions. He had moved out of the house twice. He had run up credit card debt in...

View more questions Search