Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    codeman121 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Can I get tourist visa even though I'm married to american already.
    Hello.. good day to everybody.I wish that somebody can help me to find the answer that I've been searching long time ago.and I will really apreciate it if you can help me.
    I was married to an us army.and we got married here in Philippines.but now he is in Texas.and until now we didn't fix my visa yet in the reason that he really don't have a chance to fix it because of his job.his always busy and have a limited time.but I understand it.
    And xmas is coming.he don't even know if his unit will allow him to go have vacation here and philippines.so I want to surpirese him or something.
    Is there any law that say that I can get a tourist visa even for 2weeks just to visit my husband.. how long it will going to take and how much.
    I really want to visit him.we didn't see each other for a long time already.
    And what kind of visa should I go..
    .. I hope you can help me to my problem..
    Thank you so much...
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 06:40 PM
    If you already have an existing tourist visa, yes.

Im not sure if you can get a tourist visa while your spouse visa is pending. To acquire tourist visa B2, make sure first you have enough funds and assets over here to show in the immigration that you do not intend to fully abandon the country. Bank Accounts with activity on your name, land title, business property, car or an employment certificate.

Remember how strict the american embassy to filipinos.

Sep 19, 2008, 06:46 PM
    I don't have any visa yet.. cos we just got married this year here in philippines when he go home here and visit me.due to his job because his always busy.he can't fix my spouse visa yet.
    So we are thinking if there's another way I can go there.even in like 2 weeks.
    So at least we can spend xmas together...
    And I was in school here too so I really have to come back here..
    Do you think its possible...
    How much they need for the bank account..
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Where are you Lawandee? He's the Immigration expert on this board.

Immigration looks at THINGS YOU WILL HAVE TO COME BACK not for the reason to leave. I do not think school and back account is enough. If you have those things I mentioned, you will have a big chance. I heard that the show money is P300,000

You may try though.

Sep 19, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Well we don't have business here yet.. what if he send me some invitation like tourist invitation.that good for 2 weeks... and we have bank account do u think its possible..
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Normally it applies to a wedding invitation, seminar, business conference or "dying" relative in need of attention.

Yes you may try. Try any legal means.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 07:51 PM
    This is difficult. I would say almost impossible as rate of approval of visitor's visa is equivalent to zero. Invitation letter from your husband or his family does not help, the consulate looks into evidence of "ties to your home country" as number one issue, plus you must prove that you have enough funds to cover all expenses.

You may try... but it would be hard and the chance to get the visa is so slim. Most important issue is you must disclose the fact that you already married to an American citizen.. the consulate will turn you down but when you apply for immigrant visa, there will be no objection.

On the contrary, if you lie to the consulate about your marriage and this info come up in the future when you apply for immigrant visa, your case will be denied based on lies to gain immigration benefit and you will ba barred from entering US for life.

If I were you, I won't apply for visitor's visa now.. just wait for immigrant visa.

Sep 19, 2008, 08:12 PM
    I don't know when my husband can find time to find the visa thing.his really busy at work.so he ask me if there's a way that instead of him.im th eone who going to fix are paper thing..
    He told me it would be easier if I do that instead of him because his always busy..
    Is there anyway.. or is it possible that I'm the one who going to file all the paper work... of course with his support when it comes to signing up and other things..
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 11:19 AM
    US military personnel can get assistance on every legal issues through their administrative offices. They will give him advise on what to do, forms, fees, where to file, etc. and even prepare statements from his boss. This is also available at all bases overseas, so when your husband claims he's too busy, I don't buy it.

The point is he must be the one who file the petition, not you. I hope that he's just not smart... not trying to ignore this issue on purpose. Tell him to get assistance from his office.
    kulempay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 12:02 PM
    I've got this same problem.. im also married to an american citizen for 2 years but he can't send me to U.S because he currently not employed, when I met him here in philippines he just quit his job and try to be freelance on photography, and after we got married he go back to U.S and try to look for a new job but because the crisis is globally he can't find a nice job, he want me to go U.S so I was thinking that maybe I can try to get a tourist visa but I am afraid that the consulate will not allow me to enter U.S if they find out that I am already married to an american citizen, but as a review about all requirements for US tourist visa I have a" property tittle" and I can provide my "statement of account" and that's all under my single name but I'm using my married name on my passport but I heard that using my single name on supporting documents is not a problem,and they also say that you should need to convince the consulate that you have intent to go back here{ philippines}, I will try to apply tourist visa next week and try to get a 90 days visit and I will post here if I'm approved or not, if anybody has same problem like this and they already tried to apply tourist visa and got approved please share your experience to us.. god bless!
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Aug 7, 2009, 01:05 PM

Very difficult to get the B visitor visa if married to a USC. If the finances are not good, its better to get a joint sponsor and start the immigrant visa petition.
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Aug 7, 2009, 10:13 PM

Spousal visa takes 1.5 yrs to be completed here in the Philippines. Can't just help to be in a hurry. Just so sad that after all these, a lot part ways because true colors will only come out when two people live together.
    007-315mary Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 09:36 AM

I have a friend that live in the Philippines and is trying to get a tourist visa can you tell me how much is the visa?
    007-315mary Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 09:39 AM

I have a friend that live in the Philippines and is trying to get a tourist visa can you tell me how much is the visa?
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Aug 23, 2009, 11:07 AM

Its not how much is the Visa, it's the difficulty of getting it. You need to have a big property in your name like house, land, car, an active bank accounts, investments and other related ties to the Philippines before you can get a tourist visa.
    bokaboka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 02:34 AM
    Hi. I am also married to an American, but we have been living outside the US and intend to continue doing so. Recently, we got invited to our friend's wedding, which will be held in Hawaii. We have sufficient funds and strong ties to the country we're living in (I've been here for 15 years now... no resident permit though). What do you think are my chances of getting the tourist visa to the US?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Sep 8, 2011, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bokaboka View Post
    Hi. I am also married to an American, but we have been living outside the US and intend to continue doing so. Recently, we got invited to our friend's wedding, which will be held in Hawaii. We have sufficient funds and strong ties to the country we're living in (I've been here for 15 years now... no resident permit though). What do you think are my chances of getting the tourist visa to the US?
    You should be issued the visa. You need to show the officer that your spouse has never petitioned for you, and you don't intend to immigrate to the US due to your ties outside the US (employment, property, social position, etc.) and you need to show that the visit is temporary. Provide details as to the wedding, hotel you are staying at, etc.

Have fun at the wedding!

p.s. its better to post a question, rather than a comment on a 3-year old thread. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tourist visa to student visa [ 4 Answers ]

I have sufficient funds to support my studies and my parents are willing sponsor me. Will it be difficult to change my B2 visa to F1 if in case I plan to study in US? Do I really need to declare my intention to study upon arrival at the port of entry?

Getting a you.S. B12-Tourist Visa [ 2 Answers ]

Getting a U.S. B12-Tourist Visa My american boyfriend & I been "dating" for 1 yr & 7 months now. We met on the internet, since then we webcam, speak over the phone almost everyday and mail stuff to each otherWe will be seeing each other IN PERSON for the first time on this October. He will stay...

Tourist Visa [ 1 Answers ]

How does one obtain a temporary tourist visa for someone who wants to visit the united states coming from the philippines?

Tourist visa [ 1 Answers ]

My sister in law has a multiple tourist visa right now, she got it through her previous work. Now she wanted to apply an h2b visa to work right here in orlando, will it affect her b2 status. Does she have to give up one visa to another.

Tourist Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have come to New Jersey, US on a B1/B2 Visa from India. I wanted to see Niagara Water Falls from Canada side and return Back to US. Is there any arrangement like Tourist Visa Stamping On port of landing. I would be staying for one night and return back. Would be looking for your...

View more questions Search