Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 11:18 PM

I'm just popping in here, but just wanted to say that I'm glad that you are enjoying your time on this site and have made some friends here with whom you can just kind of "let things fly", so to speak, Need a friend!

Are you into anything in the Visual or Performing arts?

Thanks!
    Need a friend Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2008, 08:24 PM

Such as... forgive me I do not have much culture here.. lol Thanks Clough
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 09:12 PM
    He is wondering if you do anything for a hobby, like art?.
    He and a few other members are artists and they have all sorts of trades... THEY ARE GOOD!! :)
    How did your day go today? Mine was busy and I need to squeeze in my yoga;)... I keep giving orders and I shaved my legs... YUP, still trying not to be lazy about it;)
    I hope you are great Need... and all you others around here;)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 11:08 PM

Yup, thanks Start!

Could be anything in the arts. Most people do have some kind of hobbies that they like to do. It would be good to know what yours are. Depending on what yours are, it's possible that we might have quite a bit in common!
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Legs: Check
    Yoga: Check
    Telling people to do their own crap: Check;)
    Wow, Need, this feels good;)
    Clough... that just may be true, maybe we can do some digging to see if she does anything other than work work work?:):)

Sep 25, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Ah Thanks ! I just got my colonoscopy so I am a bit less stressed.
    As far as what I do for hobbies... I don't and haven't for awhile. I use to do some chalk work , but definitely not an artisit. Lol
    I also use to make masks, tried my hand at wood carving, penpaling, reading, gardening (flowers)
    I wanted to try photography, but I keep running into the money issue. There is absolutely none left after bills. So I did start writing to my penpal again. I had 25 at one time but do not have the time for that many now>>>lolI would love to have a green house, but it will have to wait.. for now.
    I like when the art festival comes to town, I think I would like going to art museums. I guess I haven't because of the drive and going alone.
    Oh by the way... I wrote my guy a letter basically telling him I have to concentrate on me now (he was complaining about the house, my mood, what's wrong with you- I would tell him and he would go on and expect me to change back to miss dutiful)
    I also told him if he didn't like dirty dishes... he could quit using them, or make sure everyone washes their own. I told him I would help clean the house, but only if everyone strted cleaning.
    He was mad, but when I got home the house was cleaner and dishes done!!
    Whoo Hoo... gotta go for now,
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Holy Cow, Need, you are a woman of many desires;) I like that you have tried many things, maybe adding ONE to your "list" would be good, even if it is a free one, still better than none. If you have any pics of what you have done, let me know, I will walk you through the steps to show it off;)
    AS for the letter to your guy... I just want to say that I am proud of you and that is a wonderful step to take... expressing whatever you are feeling can really become a big part of this process. He got the picture, you didn't have to do his dishes, or cater to him... and you told him that there was room for compromise, as long as EVERYONE compromised and not only you!! Good for you! Woo Hoo is right on!

Sep 26, 2008, 03:14 AM

Thanks start I use to do those things... one at a time throughout my life... lol
    As far as my guy, well I was surprised he did what he did. He is now complaining about the kid not helping... lol That use to be me. I had to just let him take over. After alll they are HIS kids. I have had the responsibility of raising them while his x drank herself into oblivion and upset them on a regular basis. He didn't help much as far as raising them went.
    I was told early on that they were his and his x's kids... I wasn't allowed to do MOMMY things with them the first 3 years. Unfortunately no one else did either. Now... it is almost too late, but I am trying to make p for some of that time.
    I am done w/ the colostomy... whew... made it... now back to work I go. I am going to start taking time for myself and try to figure out ways to keep the stress level to a minimum.
    Thanks start for all your support! Ttys
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2008, 07:21 AM
    And, thank you Need;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Need, what's happening?
    I have decided to on Sunday, clean the whole house and go on a small strike... (if I can handle it)
    I have been a stay at home mother for 14 years, all the kids are in school this year so I have been back to work for about 3 months full time now. I am still doing everything I used to... cleaning, shuffling kids, I don't have to cook every night which is nice, but I do make sure things are taken care of, house hold things and I even had to buy oil for my car... so, LOL, I am going on strike, I will let them start with a fresh new clean house, from corner to corner and wall to wall, including windows and all... then it will be up to them to feel as proud as I have to have company come over, have a clean toilet to sit on, an empty kitchen sink,clean clothes and bedding and maybe even a clean floor. I hope they can manage cause my buns will be watching movies, going bowling, finishing some great books I have already started and so on. Maybe pick a TV show that I will watch on a weekly basis, I don't know... ;)
    I hope you are great, and sticking to your stuff little lady:):)

Oct 2, 2008, 03:14 PM

Yep That is what I did! Be prepared for the change! They didn't take it too well! Also I find it is hard for ME to deal with because we have one bathroom. It is completely disgusting!! But I find I am not resentful and it seems to be Less stressful. I told them I would HELP if they started helping... so Be ready... and I am here for you if you need me!
    I am OK. I go for results a week from tomorrow. I am feeling better. I think the antibiotics have helped some... so that is good. I even went to a social event in town... so my next thing... exercise... YIKES just trying to get motivated. I still have the yoga link so I may try that first... or see if there are any others needing a motivation partner... lol
    So... I am tired but I am de stressing and hoping for the best on the results. I am also cheering you on!! RAH RAH! You go girl!!
    Ps my favs as far as TV shows... boston legal, grays anatomy, ugly betty, private practice, sarah connor chronicles. I record them and watch when I get a min. or can't sleep... new season... hope it helps!
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Thanks Friend!
    I am hoping just to make an impact, not a life altering miracle... lol
    I love the yoga because it helps me relax but it makes me strong at the same time! I found I felt really silly doing it at first, but once I got it down, I critiqued myself on whether I had the right position or not;) I love it. I need to do it tonight too.
    Glad you are destressing, I just talked to one of my newest friends. We have decided to do something together every two weeks, probably bowling or something to make us move and laugh... heehee
    I can't wait;)

Oct 4, 2008, 07:32 AM

Wow that's great! I am doing the "social" thing... I didn't realize how far I had withdrawn. So lots of activities going on, but fun ones... lol. Anyway, Have fun bowling!!
    Knock them down, knock them down, wwwaaayyy down!! (cheering for you on your bowling night) LOL
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Thanks Need... good for you running with the crowd;)
    lilpnellie2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2008, 05:21 PM

I can chat with you on I'm if you would like it sounds as if we have a lot in common

Oct 7, 2008, 07:56 AM

Start got your message. Thx. Hope your having a great one!
    LIL2000 thanks for the invite. Hope you visit us while here!
    nicola89 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2008, 08:14 AM

I know you feel.I get lonely all the time.I moved away from all my family and my partner works all the time and when he is home he just sleeps I don't think he loves me anymore but don't worry you will be OK I'm sure
    AskJenny Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

Oct 10, 2008, 07:41 PM

Teenagers... ah I remember those days; and some of them aren't easy days to get through. Are your teens truants? Or just the basic run of the mill smart mouth know it alls?
    You feel you work, eat, sleep and no play right? Reorganize and make that free time for you... Your kids will understand and you'll feel much better for taking time; go exercise, read a book, watch that fav show... whatever it is you like to do. We're here to talk if you want to tell us issues going on in your life? If you're overworked; change that... free yourself up. Life's way to short to be stressed out. This too shall pass... Take a breath and talk to your kids... if they have any heart at all they will understand you're stress and help you out. What did you mean by you do paperwork for your sign?
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Hi you Need, how are things going right now?
    Do I need to get my cheer leader outfit out? (please say no) LOL
    brelee Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2008, 01:53 AM

I would like to be your friend^^

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NEEDING HELP.How do I get my ex to try again? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I needed help ASAP. I was dating my ex girlfriend who I love very much with my heart, but I screw up because I was force by my family to take my best friend to my matric dance, I never did anything with her e.g. kissing. THe following day my ex came over to my house and called it off...

Needing a job [ 2 Answers ]

Do u know of a company or companies that hire people who have a criminal past?:confused:

Needing [ 6 Answers ]

Can u be bonded and licence if you have a felony record

Needing to know [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I bought a mobile home 5 years ago from clayton homes, since buying the home we have had nothing but problems with vanderbilt mortgage with them calling us saying that we are late on payments when were not. I done a search on the net on them " vanderbilt mortgage" and found a site...

I am very needing yours about asp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am VIetnammes I am studying informatic technonogy. I am studying shopping cart, I downed this demo ones is acart2_0 , but I have problem in error. In eacht pages that have SQL inner join that it don't run this code example <%@ LANGUAGE = "VBScript" %> <!-- #include file="db.asp" -->...

View more questions Search