Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Need a friend Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Sep 20, 2008, 05:03 PM

I did tell him I needed someone to talk to and he said he didn't know anyone. That's it. I haven't done anything for myself... I don't even know what I like to do. I have spent so much time on what everyone else wants to do I have never really thought or had a chance to find out what I like. Does that sound off?
    I have battled a bit of depression and to be honest right now I don't want to do anything... which is probably a good thing since I am broke
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Can you speak to a pastor or priest in your town? Maybe they could counsel you. Or connect you with someone who is having similar problems. Or perhaps your doctor can indroduce you to a patient support group. There are lots of great, loving, caring people in the world. You have somehow become isolated over time - you need to break out of this.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 07:43 PM

You don't sound "off" tome. You sound like someone reaching out for ideas other than the ones you have already tried. Sounds as if you need a direction in making these changes that you are thinking about... and that is the hardest part, actually doing them. We can tell you over and over that you are over loaded but unless you are to the point and willing to make some changes... it won't work. JJ is right, you need to break out of this. How, well that may take a few more conversations, but starting to talk about it with people who will listen are a few great starts;)

Hmmm, I may even use some suggestions you get from here to help me in my own situation. I am so very very glad we are all able to meet and help one another.

I hope to see you soon.

Sep 21, 2008, 02:38 AM

Thank you for all of your ideas! Sometimes I just need to talk. I do feel better now, and have been slowly changing things. I know it takes time.
    Startover 22 what is going on w/u. Everything OK?
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 09:05 AM

Ya, everything is fine... but if I don't make some major changes, I know I will be stuck in a "do everything for everyone" rut. So, for that I want to maybe start up my yoga again... or just go to a coffee shop the one day I go to work at 10 instead of 8 am... you see just adding things I came to find out helped me feel as if I was doing it ONLY for me. IT MATTERS!! And I don't know why I quit doing it... a sequence of events I suppose... doesn't mean as soon as I feel better I am not going to get on board with MYSELF!!

Need, we all need is a place to go to say things we don't normally in our every day lives, things that may sound selfish out loud, or a little odd... or just plain normal. But still we feel these feelings and thoughts, we need to at least talk about them. So if you are interested, I can try and find a link to my yoga thingy.. lol and give you some good titles to some books I have read... starting with Scarlet Women, or even the Home for the Soul book I am into right now... good coffee shop reading, and good "few minutes of me time"!

I will make a list... starting with a chore list... who does what and when. I will draw out a budget and see where things are wrong... then I will get rid of some of those things... (dont ask me to get rid of my internet.. LOL) Then I will make a list of things I might just enjoy doing... reading, walking, playing cards, yoga, anything you like sweet Need, you get to make a list too;)

I am going to start my list today... I hope you start yours too, you don't have to go into great detail, just small steps you can take to make things easier and better and healthier for you.:):) Hugs

Sep 22, 2008, 04:17 AM

Thanks start. I would like the link. Always wanted to try yoga.
    I have already made the list in my head it is just getting it inforced in my house.
    I have strarted in a few small ways. Like telling the sign. Other that if he wants to drink he is a big boy but the household money won't go for it. His bill is over 300 and he is complaining but I tell him it is one of HIS bills that won't be paid if he uses it for alcohol. So It is a struggle but I am not as angry. As far as other thingsI would like to try something but to be honest everything is expensive.
    I enjoyed the coffee shop but it closed down. The nearest one is 25 miles away.
    My finances are awful I am living beond paycheck to paycheck. I have cut way back but w/ gas prices and everything going up... well. That is why I work so much
    I think it is great that you have alreaady done what you have. Getting back to it hopefully won't be so difficult. Sounds like you have a plan. Do I get to see your list? Lol
    I get my colonoscopy in a couple days. I am freaked! But I know I shouldn't worry. Easier said than done.
    I think this is my place to say what I wouldn't in public. This is my coffeehouse.
    Thank you for listening. Sometimes you just need someone to listen and say it will be OK.
    I wish you wel on your changes and will keep my fingers crossed for you... that the transition back will be smooth!
    I hope to visit again before I go In. TTYL
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 07:22 AM

I made a list and it starts with my YOGA.
    Then the simple things like asking the kids to do the little things I notice while walking by...
    Shaving my legs seems to be the hardest ever, I love soft legs, but I get so lazy in the morning.. (I know weird to have on the list)
    I am starting a drwer piggy bank, my change goes in there and hope I will be surprised every once in a while to buy something pretty, or whatever I want;)
    I know these sound so simple, but it all works, I did this last year and started to feel really great about things... I am starting it again, thanks to you for opening my eyes, a real special coffee house thanks.
    Yoga, wow, holy cow, never knew a few simple steps could make you feel so great! My arms, tummy, legs, and buns started getting stronger after about a month I noticed, so give it some time. Do the steps in 2 or 3 sets everyday till you can do them with ease, then work your way up to doing ten sets... DO NOT DO TEN SETS AT FIRST, I promise you will feel as if you got run over my a Mad Trucker;)

Sun Salutation - Surya Namaskara - Step by Step
    I do these in the morning... and I love doing them at night. Just try it, but make that 15 or 20 minutes for yourself, it is great!
    Do me a favopr and get that list on paper... seems as if you check things off (little or big) it gives a sense of being finished;)

:) I hear the colonoscopy isn't as bad as it sounds. Relax, and just remember it is all for your own good.

Have a great day Need... and keep your head up!
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 07:32 AM

As a matter of fact, even though I am not at 100% with my ear thing going on, I am going to go do my Yoga right this minute, sounds great!

Sep 22, 2008, 08:20 AM

I am so glad! Thanks for the encouragement! Let me know how things go!
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 08:21 AM
    Felt good, just did two sets a bit ago. And hey, you know what, we are all in this together, so share what you would like.;) Got to go get ready for work... have a good day today and remember the list.
    StraightTalk Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Sep 22, 2008, 10:11 AM

God or evolution or whoever it is that created this maze called life gave us eyes in front.
    It seems logical that they were put there so that you look ahead... and not behind you ;)

Imagine yourself as a third party and look at the issues you have set out so far.
    Taken together, do they look like a one-of-a-kind story?
    It's only inevitable that a great many people face the same set of issues.
    I'm not trying to run down your problems as ordinary.
    All I'm saying is that they are hardly unique.
    And the irony in it all is that your problems exist because you are willing to own them.

To me, it appears that you are willingly bogged down by routines.
    You need to get out of that... like NOW :)

This shouldn't sound philosophical :o... but, indeed, routine = life's misery trap.
    Our routines are what force us to reflect on and be miserable about the sameness of it all.
    And sameness = the problems that simply don't go away.

You need to treat every day and moment as a new one.
    Ask yourself after you wake up and before you get up: "What will I do today?"
    Mentally chalk out your own to-do list for the day... and do only that.
    Of course, it will include work, lunch, email, the works.
    But make sure it's YOUR work, YOUR lunch and YOUR whatever ;)

Does this sound selfish?
    Well, it should not.

After all, there's no reason why you should be doing something for someone when they can jolly well do it by themselves and also should be doing it by themselves ;)

You need to free your shoulders from carrying others' luggage.
    You need to practise answering: "You'll have to do that yourself".
    Just remember to say that with a wry smile.
    It works.
    Always.

Suddenly, you will see a large number of your problems dissipate.
    Suddenly, you will see the people you know accept DIY as a gospel.
    ... because they simply need to get it done... after all, it's their own need.

So, give it a try.
    Don't look back.
    Look ahead.
    And remember to use that wry smile ;)
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 02:33 PM
    StraightTalk, all I can say is WOW. You hit it all on the nail with a hammer, and a very big hammer at that. Thanks you just made my day.;)

Sep 22, 2008, 04:46 PM

I have to agree! Thanks and slowly it is what I am doing!
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Soooo, I shaved, lol and I did my yoga... and did not touch the dishes right when I got home, I waited for the kids to get here and made them do them:) Whooo that was all very hard... whats next? :):)

Sep 22, 2008, 05:12 PM

Whoo hoo! You are on a roll!! I came home didn't cook and am now here visiting with you. Had a blow out in my car this am feel much better!
    Never say yes when you really mean no... yep hey can I use that lol!
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 05:23 PM
    You can use it... and I love saying out loud! Go Need GO!

Sep 22, 2008, 05:26 PM

Lol... u crack me up! THANKS! It is great to have someone rooting for me.
    Go start Go! Never thought I would make the cheerleading squad, Better late than never!
    Whoo hoo!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 05:28 PM
    That's for sure... I love cheering people on! I need to make some dinner for the little Football guy on his way home from practice... that is one guy I don't mind feeding! LOL
    I will be off and on silly Cheer leader, see you soon!

Sep 22, 2008, 05:31 PM

Okie dokie smokie, rah rah shishk boom bah!! Thanks again! Ttyl
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Ohhh what? We have chicken nuggets and canned corn... oh why didn't you say so! LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NEEDING HELP.How do I get my ex to try again? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I needed help ASAP. I was dating my ex girlfriend who I love very much with my heart, but I screw up because I was force by my family to take my best friend to my matric dance, I never did anything with her e.g. kissing. THe following day my ex came over to my house and called it off...

Needing a job [ 2 Answers ]

Do u know of a company or companies that hire people who have a criminal past?:confused:

Needing [ 6 Answers ]

Can u be bonded and licence if you have a felony record

Needing to know [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I bought a mobile home 5 years ago from clayton homes, since buying the home we have had nothing but problems with vanderbilt mortgage with them calling us saying that we are late on payments when were not. I done a search on the net on them " vanderbilt mortgage" and found a site...

I am very needing yours about asp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am VIetnammes I am studying informatic technonogy. I am studying shopping cart, I downed this demo ones is acart2_0 , but I have problem in error. In eacht pages that have SQL inner join that it don't run this code example <%@ LANGUAGE = "VBScript" %> <!-- #include file="db.asp" -->...

View more questions Search