Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedxxAnswers Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Backing up Itune Songs to CD!
    Hi Members! Over time I've purchased 253 songs on Itunes, which comes out to 17.2 hours and 1.01 GB according to the Itunes. I expected to use a lot of cds to back up the songs, but only needed two.

How can I verify if all 253 songs are actually on the cds?

I put one of the cd's in the computer, hoping it would show a list of all the songs, but received a message asking if I wanted to overwrite existing songs, but no further information was provided.

The top of each cd says:

recordable - 52X - 700MB - 80 Min

Would two cds have been enough for all of those songs? I'm not familiar with MB's, GB's, etc. Thanks
    Juscrago Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2008, 06:22 AM

If you stored them on the CD's as files, then I would say that is enough. But if you actually made audio CD's that probably wouldn't cut it.
    tf7426 Posts: 282, Reputation: 21

Sep 21, 2008, 04:43 AM

If you burnt audio cd's you would have used about 8 or 9 discs (it would have converted the files to uncompressed cdda: 80mins per disc).

If you choose the backup option in itunes then I doubt it will burn the songs as individual files, more likely to back up the library in several big files spanned across the 2 discs (1.01GB is about 1 and a half cd's).
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Sep 26, 2008, 06:08 PM

This is a bit complicated BUT,

I would burn to disc then import again as MP3 files so you don't have to worry about any account problems, I only say this because I went through a lot of computers in the past and ran out of the stupid 5 authroized machines on my account and ened up starting a new one, then I got another new comp and didn't get to listen to a lot of my music because of this stupid provision... however you would need to burn audio discs, so its kind of impractical,

Also I recently found out how to remove all authroized computers on the account.
    So my entire post may be irelvent :)

But if you ever wanted to know, this is a good trick for getting rid of the aac format

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itune library no memory [ 1 Answers ]

Hey the itune library will not save any music so I cannot download music to my iPod which has been wiped clean:mad: because there was no music in the itunes library I have uninstalled it but now cannot re-install it so have an empty iPod and a grumpy me lol Help because I have no clue what to...

Does anyone know how an indie artist registers with itune? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Sahra Indio here... I have a new release that I embedded text but, now what do I do? How do I register with itunes? Thanks. :confused:

I want to copy the name of the songs not the songs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, As the title suggests I would like to know if there is a way to simply copy-paste the name of the songs. The reason I want to do this is I want to re-download them again in another computer

View more questions Search