Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mahathegreek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2006, 07:44 PM
    Dog not eating
    My dog has been sick for several weeks now. I took her to the vet a couple of weeks ago because she was not eating and would gag every time she did.
    On the way to vet she threw up a dead animal. It was raw meat, fur and claws. It really made me sick. I think it was a rabbit she had killed. Well anyway the vet checked her for worms and she was fine. She gave me antibiotics and medicine for vomiting. She wanted to do blood work but I didn'tthink it was necessary at the time. My dog acts fine as she runs all day long but she still is not eating. When she eats a little she acts like it is hurting her stomach. I'm going to take her back to vet in a couple of days. What can be wrong with her?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2006, 03:48 AM
    Hi,
    I would have let the Vet do the blood sample then and there. PLEASE take her back as soon as possible.
    Has she had all her shots? Rabies?
    She could have an intestinal infection, torn intestine, and the Vet might need to X-Ray her also.
    Meantime, all you can do is put down her food, wait about 30 min, and if not eaten, pick it back up, and put it down again that evening.
    I do wish you the best, and hope everything will be OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eating [ 8 Answers ]

OK I have 2 problems, First my mom used to put people food in our two four year old Bichons when they wouldn't eat. She also hand fed them and gave them people food at and away from the dinner table a lot. Recently I have been training them to stop begging and there is no more table food. ...

Eating [ 16 Answers ]

Hi today I went to school and had like some crisps from one of my mates because I was hungry - that was at break - then at lunch I wasn't hungry at all. I haven't eaten since Tuesday night because yesterday I was just not hungry and then at dinner/tea etc time I had pizza but it made me feel sick...

Dog Not Eating [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 10 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he is a picky eater, we feed him chicken with veggies and white rice. He is spoiled and given table scraps sometimes. Lately he has refused even the table food and only eats some when he is hand fed, then walks away. However, he has energy and...

Not Eating [ 3 Answers ]

I got my dog recentlyfrom a firend who can't keep him anymore and its said its half shitzou and half something else but not sure. When I first got it it ate everything we fed it human food dog food. But yesturday the ENTIRE day he ate absolutely NOTHING at all! Now I hear her stomach growling and...

My dog is not eating at all... [ 1 Answers ]

We just rescued and german shepherd from the animal shelter. She is very big, but only weighs 64lbs, she is also just a little over 1yr old. We are worried of malnutrition and her being under-weight. So, we got her some dry food for puppies high in protein content. But she refuses to eat it. She...

View more questions Search