Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bakerckd Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2004, 04:20 AM
    English As a Second Language
    I am looking for samples of grading policies for students in our English as a Second Language program. We are in the process of refining our policy.

Our new policy must be informative to parents, sharing good information. It has to be realistic for the expectations of students at various levels of language proficiency. It also must fit with in the guidelines of the Office of Civil Rights in being non-discriminatory.?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 05:52 AM

The top grade goes to those students that
    Freely admit that they are now thinking in English and NOT in their original tongue.
    This can take anything from 5 years to
    60 years.
    Translating from original language to the English language at time of speaking hinders
    The excellence required.
    elynocente Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2011, 09:30 PM
    I believe English was a creole language influenced by various Germanic dialects,Celtic dialects and the creole language of French later in 1066.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English as a second language [ 9 Answers ]

I"d like to know the difference between the wordas "null", "zero", "nill", "nought"

English as a second language [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I would like to know if it´s right to say football course or football pitch or if both of them are correct. On the other hand, Do you say volleyball course and basketball course. Is this correct? Thanks.

English language [ 3 Answers ]

How can I learn the english language in three months or lets say four months ? How can I teach children the english language in a simple way? How can someone teach the adults the english language in a simple way and a short time ? How can I evaluate the students performance in learning english...

English as a second language [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, could you rephrase /say in other words/ "When you have sinned grievously, the devil is waiting." I need to translate that in my native language but I can't get the meaning. I'd like to thank Judith for the previous answer. It was of great help for me.

English as a second language [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I'd appreciate it if you could rephrase the followng sentence for me to understand the meaning and translate it into my native language correctly:"Everything that you say or do I'm hung up on you"

View more questions Search