Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

May 16, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Another pressure treated question
    How soon can I paint the wood?I'm buying it either from Lowe's or home depot where the wood is kept indoors.. thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 17, 2006, 05:58 AM
    For paint, give it 6 months. With stains, it varies since they do not block moisture movement. Some can be applied immediately.

For more reading on it, see
    Treated Wood - Arch Wood Protection, Inc. - Maintenance Tips
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

May 18, 2006, 07:14 PM
    I agree w/ rickj. Even though its indoors it is soaked due to being indoors. The wood doesn't get to dry out like it would if it was being stored outside under protective cover/roof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yet another Water Pressure question [ 8 Answers ]

I have done some searching on the forum about "water pressure" and "water pumps" and it has been very interesting reads. Although, I still have questions. Question One: How do I check the water pressure inside my house accurately? I feel that I am losing water pressure because my home sits...

Can you paint pressure-treated wood? [ 5 Answers ]

Can you paint pressure-treated wood? Thank-you!

Shower pressure Question [ 5 Answers ]

I have an older 3 knob shower system- hot cold and a diverter than turns(not on the spout). When I turn on the hot and cold water a lot of water is coming out of the spout. When I turn the diverter for the shower the water pressure is somewhat light. From the amount of water coming out of the...

Pressure treated wood [ 1 Answers ]

I have been reading up on the toxicity of pressure treated wood, and am aware of it's dangers, I recently had a deck built with the "new" PT wood and am concerned. 1. How toxic is the new material to touch? 2. Should this be replaced with redwood, and in fact only used for non-human contact...

Painting Pressure Treated wood [ 3 Answers ]

Can pressure treated lumber be primed and painted as normal wood would?

View more questions Search