Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hartistry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2008, 10:33 AM
    "BOOT" window on starup?
    :eek: When I startup my laptop (Acer Aspire 9300) the window titled "BOOT" pops up with the dialog: "Specific Module Could Not Be Found". I have tried to find an old virus remnant
    In the msconfig area under the "Startup" tab, but I can't tell which is the potential problem without spending hours unchecking and rechecking protocols. It is annoying but my lap still runs OK. How do I rid myself of the evil window?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Don't spend hours, spend an hour. Uncheck things in groups of 5 (only the things you don't recognize). If the next reboot doesn't fix it, recheck those 5 and uncheck the next five. You'll whittle it down quickly this way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"no signal" on boot up. [ 5 Answers ]

Dear people, While going through my music on limewire, my PC freezed, so I restarted the computer and the screen came up saying no signal, I let it stay for about 2 minutes and it didn't do anything, I restarted it 3 more times and did the same thing. I can't change bios or anything because...

"found new hardware" for boot drive [ 4 Answers ]

Running Windows XP Pro with update 3, recently started getting "Found new hardware" on bootup for my boot (C:) drive, which has been working fine for some time. Haven't installed any new programs recently. Get this message every time I boot up. Checked "system devices" and found that my Western...

J/E "Boot" Trade in Value [ 1 Answers ]

How do you record the trade in value from a fixed asset? We bought a bus and traded in an old bus at the value of $1700, which is included in the cost of the new bus. How does this get recorded? I remember something about it being called a "boot" entry? Not sure? If you know anything please let me...

View more questions Search