Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

May 16, 2006, 10:17 AM
    CT state welfare programs
    Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone had any information on the welfare programs in CT. Im currently looking into a separation and since I'm a stay at home mom and go to school at night. I need to find out if there was a program that would allow me to go to school during the day.. (where I would be able to find child care for my two kids) but not expect me to get a job as soon as I apply for the program. I want to get a job but it would require me to work at night and I have no one to care for my two kids. And I can't give up school. Some programs that I have looked into require me to get a job as soon as I enter the program but in my situation until I can make permament arrangements for the kids I wouldn't be able to. Im kind of stuck here. If anyone has some information on any temporary assistance programs that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    mamamia179 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2010, 04:52 PM
    I went and applied for the cash assistance, a few monbths back me and my daughter moved back to CT alone and I know the sitters and schedule can be difficult. I applied for cash assistance through the state office and they set me up with a jobs first program. It wasn't so much a full time work schedule but they had me at one of there work programs a couple days a week in the mornings. Its still time you need to find a sitter and technically working but it's only a few hours a day as opposed to a full time work and school day. Hope this help you some:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Must Have/Useful Programs [ 66 Answers ]

I thought it would be a good idea to get a list of useful programs that we could keep here. If a mod comes across this - could you sticky it please. It would be quite helpful. I'm bound to have missed some programs, so if there is some that you think should be on this list - post here or PM me...

Bd on welfare [ 1 Answers ]

The father of my children beat me to file custody papers, now even though he does not have full custody. I have my kids every weekend and in the minute order the judge said who ever had the kids at the time supports them. Well he has been on welfare for quite a while now and I just learned that...

State to state garnishing [ 1 Answers ]

Can the North Carolina Dept. of Revenue legally seize property, garnish wages or bank accounts of a South Carolina resident? Also, all property, wages, and accounts are in South Carolina.

View more questions Search