Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cory2019 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2008, 04:30 AM
    Is it fraud?
    There are three people that came from cuba on a political asylum and received not only a resident card but they are also on welfare. (they are milking the system to the fullest.)
    My question is they just when back to cuba on vacation... and bragged about $100.00 pair pants and expensive shirts for their trip. How is it possible that if your on on welfare you can afford such things and air fare of over $1,000.00.
    They get Medicaid, they live in building where is subsidized by the Gov.
    If this is illegal can I report them? And where?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 05:35 AM
    It certainly doesn't sound right, but write everything down, get your facts straight and call immigration.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cory2019
    There are three people that came from cuba on a political asylum and received not only a resident card but they are also on welfare. (they are milking the system to the fullest.)
    my question is they just when back to cuba on vacation... and bragged about $100.00 pair pants and expensive shirts for their trip. How is it possible that if your on on welfare you can afford such things and air fare of over $1,000.00.
    They get Medicaid, they live in building where is subsidized by the Gov.
    If this is illegal can I report them? and where?

What is your concern? The manner in which they spend their money? There are absolutely no restrictions on Government assistance. They could live in a cardboard box and drive a Mercedes and it's not against the law.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 19, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Do not believe in everything people bragged about when they visited their home countries. The US government has certain rules about assistance given to the poor, and the truth is it's enough to feed the kids but not enough for fancy stuffs. Most people tell different stories, nobody ever tells the truth that they have hotdogs for dinner 6 days a week because they're the cheapest items available... or they have to work 2-3 jobs, to be able to pay bills, etc.

By the way, it's none of your business.
    Florida Medicai Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee
    Do not believe in everything people bragged about when they visited their home countries. The US government has certain rules about assistance given to the poor, and the truth is it's enough to feed the kids but not enough for fancy stuffs. Most people tell different stories, nobody ever tells the truth that they have hotdogs for dinner 6 days a week because they're the cheapest items available... or they have to work 2-3 jobs, to be able to pay bills, etc.

By the way, it's none of your business.
    It most certainly IS your business and the business of every american to report peopl who are ripping off your tax dollars Shame on them.. here is the Number in Florida to Call for Welfare Fraud and Abuse..

Fraud & Abuse: Hotline: 1-888-419-3456 or 850-921-1802
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Medicai
    It most certainly IS your business and the business of every american to report peopl who are ripping off your tax dollars Shame on them..here is the Number in Florida to Call for Welfare Fraud and Abuse..

Fraud & Abuse: Hotline: 1-888-419-3456 or 850-921-1802

What are you going to report? That these people wear $100 "pants"?
    cory2019 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2008, 07:41 PM
    they came here on a political asylum how can they go back to cuba on vacation using welfare money,?
    Its not just about the pants... We work hard and pay taxes so they can live with free medicine, travel, and so on... I don't know about any of you guys but I do know
    People especially now who work pay to pay check who have never received welfare and really don't make enough for a vacation.

Something is wrong in our system.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 09:33 AM
    [QUOTE=JudyKayTee disagrees: You asked a question - not liking the answers does not make them incorrect. It comes down to your motive in reporting people for alleged fraud..[/QUOTE]

WOW - Did I make a mistake! I did not intend to disagree with lawanwadee - I intended to AGREE with lawanwadee and disgree with the poster.

I apologize.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cory2019 View Post
    they came here on a political asylum how can they go back to cuba on vacation using welfare money,?
    Its not just about the pants... We work hard and pay taxes so they can live with free medicine, travel, and so on.... i don't know about any of you guys but i do know
    people especially now who work pay to pay check who have never received welfare and really don't make enough for a vacation.

something is wrong in our system.

So - as I said, it comes down to people who can afford vacations and $100 pants.
    gorgeouslady Posts: 168, Reputation: 7

Sep 20, 2008, 11:13 AM

cory2019,so because they came here on political asylum are they not supposed to visit their country whenever they like?EVER AGAIN?are they supposed to die here in america and never step foot in their country again because they were given residence card and are on welfare?there are americans here itself who use the system to the fullest if given the chance so why concentrate only on the foreigners who do if that's what they are doing?by the way you don't know how long they saved or what they went through before going to visit their country or whether they are telling the truth about $100 pants or just bragging.the truth lies behind closed doors.and how someone lives their lives or how they spend their money is none of your business or are you jealous or something?you are a tax payer we all get that,but don't you think your taxes are also used for worse things other than this?concentrate on your life and if you want a vacation like they got keep saving and you will get there.the rest of the posts are certainly right "it's none of your business".I doubt if you call immigration they will be able to help you on how these people are living their lives but there is certainly no harm in trying but just don't end up looking like a fool.
    Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 11:43 AM
    I don't know why we all have to come down on this poster for having an opinion. She me never post here again.

I have my own issues with how our Canadian Immigration is run, I object to new people being handed health care coverage and a lot of other benefits as well.

I can't report anyone because I don't have facts. But I surely understand were cory is coming from.
    Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 11:48 AM
    I don't know why we all have to come down on this poster for having an opinion. She may never post here again. And we really are normally quite fair. We can write a post that doesn't sound like we are pointing a finger at the poster and it should sound like we really do respect her/his opinion. I don't think this was done in some of the previous answers. They were very judgmental.

I have my own issues with how our Canadian Immigration is run, I object to new people being handed health care coverage and a lot of other benefits as well.

I can't report anyone because I don't have facts. But I surely understand were cory is coming from. I have lived in Canada all my life, born of people who were also born and raised here. So yes, I have issues, especially when they get subsidized housing and money in their pocket from the Canandian government.
    Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Sorry folks, there are some glitches in our system today because I can't delete my first post for whatever reason, I don't understand why.

Is anyone else having this problem.
    Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Sorry folks, there are some glitches in our system today because I can't delete my first post for whatever reason, I don't understand why.

Is anyone else having this problem.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I dont know why we all have to come down on this poster for having an opinion. She may never post here again. And we really are normally quite fair. We can write a post that doesnt sound like we are pointing a finger at the poster and it should sound like we really do respect her/his opinion. I dont think this was done in some of the previous answers. They were very judgmental.

I can't report anyone because I dont have facts. But I surely understand were cory is coming from. I have lived in Canada all my life, born of people who were also born and raised here. So yes, I have issues, especially when they get subsidized housing and money in their pocket from the Canandian government.

That's fine - you are certainly entitled to your opinion or opinions. This person is complaining about the vacations "these people" take... as well as the $100 pants. As a side note OP should look in MY closet.

How Government benefits are spent is not regulated by the law in the US. I don't know about Canada. The OP is NOT complaining about how the "welfare" money is spent nor is OP considering reporting "these people" to that branch of the Government. OP's interest is in deporting political refuges by contacting Immigration.

You are obviously proud that you were born in Canada of Canadian citizens - not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to stay in his/her country of birth. Not everyone is a second or third generation citizen.

You and I obviously have different opinions about how immigrants should be treated, benefits they should receive. I am not criticizing you for yours; please do not criticize me for mine.

As far as judgmental - yes. I think the World would be a better place if people minded their own business.
    Expert

Sep 20, 2008, 12:27 PM
    [QUOTE=JudyKayTee;1284007

You and I obviously have different opinions about how immigrants should be treated, benefits they should receive. I am not criticizing you for yours; please do not criticize me for mine.
    [/QUOTE]

JKT it was a general post, I don't think you saw it that way. Was criticism involved, no, I don't think so. I am sorry you took it that way.
    k2boy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 12:53 AM

Ahhh the "Poor American Taxpayer" again!
    What do you want, put them in concentration camps because they are more happy than you are? You would rather have your tax money used or defrauded by the big corporations and or spend in war by killing innocent people. You can hold your government accountable because they seem to be the one who decides what to do with your tax money.

In all of this I notice something that one can't go back to the country where they claimed the asylum case against, in this case cuba. You have to have an advance parole from the USCIS to back to your home country if you're a green card holder and your return if you are unhurt, will put you in further legal limbo with USCIS because of the credibility of your initial claims.You can only travel on a U.S passport without the parole hassles to the country where you claimed your asylum against.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Fraud/Advance commission fraud [ 10 Answers ]

I'm sure this post with be confusing to some of you but any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was hired back in October of 2005 as an independent contractor selling life insurance policies. One of my clients that I sold a policy to mentioned that she had a few family members that were...

Is this Fraud ! [ 3 Answers ]

What can we do if my husband has been paying his ex for child support but not through the Child Support System, then his ex files for back Child Support payments and files a Qdro for his retirement and says that he never paid her. My hsuband didn't keep any proof of payments to her. We can...

Tax fraud [ 2 Answers ]

Some one has claimed my friends child on their taxes for the second year and she has no clue who it is or what can be done on her part to reverse this and insure that this does not happen again.

Is this Fraud [ 2 Answers ]

I wrote some cheques from a business account to myself and myself to the business account cheques cleared on my personal account but not the business account as the bank froze my personal account, is this fraud even though I had funds in the account? I have a gambling problem and was only trying...

View more questions Search