Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommy78 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2006, 08:23 AM
    Relationships
    :mad: :confused: well the thing is I like this guy and he like me to but we live in 2 diff states and plus I'm afraid to get hurt again cuzi have been hurt so much latley I'm really scared andi just so worried that if I date him then it gt happen again and I hate getting hurt because I have been cheated on,lead on,strung along, some guy tellen they want to be wit me and they don't, and have there girls com after you for no reason at all threating to kill u I just don't get it all I ever wanted was a boyfriend but I know I never get one oh well help me :( please
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2006, 08:29 AM
    A relationship should always be based on trust, love, comprosing and commitment.
    If you feel you are not ready for a relationship for reasons which are very understandable for the way you were treated before with your ex's then don't get involved, do it when you feel you are ready.
    If there is NO trust there is NO happy relationship.

How far do u live from each other?

May 16, 2006, 09:34 AM
    Well I live in nj and he lives in Maryland
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2006, 10:13 AM
    Long Distqance relationships are VERY hard to manage. I personally do not recommend them. Just too hard - to make them work, someone needs to move.

Read the free articles at this site:

Love Tactics - Love Tactics Home

Great insite on how to manage this situation. Please read them.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 16, 2006, 10:20 AM
    A good relationship is usually not up to the task of fixing someone who has been very hurt in a previous relationship, whether they are two states away or next door. I know this from firsthand experience.

Although I recognise it comes in degrees, "baggage" is never a good thing. Asking or requiring a prospective partner to handle yours could be what limits your choices to people who aren't very together themselves... which, in turn, can increase the failure rate of your relationships... which then gives you more reason to feel hurt. On and on it can go.

Get off that merry-go-round by learning to heal yourself first. If that proves to be too difficult, seek the help of a counselor, minister, parent or non-sexual friend. This is far more effective and appropriate than any expectation that your next lover will have this skill or inclination.

Just remember, you are worth the healing. :)
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2006, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Long Distqance relationships are VERY hard to manage. I personally do not recommend them. Just too hard - to make them work, someone needs to move.

Read the free articles at this site:

Love Tactics - Love Tactics Home

Great insite on how to manage this situation. Please read them.

They are very very hard. I had a long distance relationship, we were away from each for 1 and half yrs. We lived in 2 separate countries and visted each other every couple of months then I decided to move near him. Lived in UK for 5 years then we both moved away together and are settled now. You have to base them totally on trust if there is no trust forget it.
    In my case it worked, it made our heart grow fonder and we been together for 8 yrs in total, married for 2 :)

Quote Originally Posted by mommy78
    well i live in nj and he lives in maryland
    How far they from each other?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 16, 2006, 12:11 PM
    I feel rearranging your priorities would help you greatly. Instead of a relationship with a man start by having one with yourself and find out why you keep picking losers! Maybe you should also work on the things in life that you like to do and places you like to go. Instead of a boyfriend to cuddle with why not a FRIEND to hang out with and TALK to. What's the hurry about having someone all to yourself, when you don't know yourself or haven't allowed yourself the time to get over past disappointments? Give yourself a chance here, and put YOU and your well being as THE top priority. If you don't who will?:cool: ;)
    Daladier Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Personally I don't see much point in long distance relationships unless your really committed.It seems heartless of me to say but that's life,heart ache is a part of growing up and learning more about the person you are.
    Those girls sound as though they were jealous if you ask me,just make sure you don't take anything to heart.
    Im sure someone will turn up when you least expect it,my moto is,don't go looking for it and it will come looking for you.
    Good Luck!

May 16, 2006, 01:39 PM
    Thanks I really need that I know I was told that some day he will come but I don't know it not that I really do like this guy but we are really good friends he does want to be wit me and all but I know distance don't last cuzu don't know what they are doing but imnot dateing him but I would like to some day unless I do move which will happen someday
    Daladier Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 16, 2006, 01:41 PM
    Well maybe you should give it a try,you never know!It will be tough though.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2006, 01:56 AM
    but i know distance dont last cuzu dont know wut they are doing

You quoted the above, and yes you don't know what they will be doing but that just proves that you don't feel trustworthy of him, and you will only worry yourself sick wondering what he is doing... so don't go for it. You're not ready!
    I used to wonder yes when me and my man lived apart - but deep down I know I could trust him with my eyes shut.

Also another thing I totally believe in is that when you least expect it the right man will come along, never search for a boyfriend.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2006, 08:15 AM
    The for me in LD relationship is I need face time. I need to see that person.

Out of sight, out of mind! Always.
    indugent_me Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2010, 03:52 AM
    Comment on Wildcat21's post
    You ought to learn to be single & why do you need a boyfriend so badly , even if you got this one he there is no guarantee that he wouldn't leave you, so learn to be independent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Relationships [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend won't take no for an answer and he keeps pressuring for sex. I gave it up once, but now I think that's all he wants. Please help! :'(

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

Well.. I'm really confused. I've been with this guy for a 3 years now.. Since high school.. And I really love him.. We have a sexual relationship but in recent months we haven't had sex.. I didn't notice how long it had been until my boyfriend pin pointed it out to me. I love him so dearly.. ...

Relationships [ 5 Answers ]

There was this guy I was going out with and we broke up back in march! We went out for about 3months. I'm not the type of person to dwelll on someone but I don't know there was definitely something about this person and I can't put my finger on it... I don't know what to do were not friends...

Relationships [ 2 Answers ]

I feel that I resist leting anyone get close, that I'm better off as a loner, but I want someone to love me. This tendency could be residual effects from a strained Mother-Daughter relationship. What should I do to improve my relationships?

Relationships [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Advice, I do not know what to do. See I had this boyfriend last year. And well we broke up over the summer and here it is in May and I still miss him. I know people says it takes time. But, how am I supposed to feel when I see his with these other girls. Sure I have dated other people...

View more questions Search