Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaykay0941 Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Sep 21, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420 View Post
    kaykay -- unfortunately, you can't delete this post.

For those of you that are wondering why she texted him in the first place, i MIGHT have some insight into that. Dont you all remember being young? When you're young, and you find out someone likes you, it flatters you, whether you are interested or not. The OP might have just needed that reassurance that the guy liked her, even though she doesnt like him back.

Also, telling her not to talk to him anymore, in my opinion, is a bad idea. Not only does he find out she doesnt like him back, but he would lose a friend as well. Talk about DOUBLE rejection.

I think the right thing to do is be honest with this guy, but spare his feelings as much as possible. Tell him you do not like him that way and you'd prefer to be friends, you're not looking for a boyfriend right now (as i suggested before), etc.

Dont lie, and dont quit talking to him forever. That will just hurt him more than if you were to be honest.
    Thank you! Jeez. Ur advice is the best out of all the people who replied to this post. I mean like seriously.. Just because you texted someone and asked them if they like you doesn't mean that you like them back RIGHT THEN AND THERE, I mean come on if I liked him wouldn't you think I would have told my friend I liked him back?. Jeez.. Go back to your days when you were young.. And just think how it felt when someone told you that someone else liked you.. Ty.:cool:
    redwee74 Posts: 74, Reputation: 11

Sep 21, 2008, 03:41 PM

Sorry Kay, but I agree with almost everyone. Why text if you were not interested? Sounds like maybe you just like having men after you. Feelings are not a game, just do not contact him anymore and if he does contact you don't avoid him just say you are not my type. Tell him the truth. But do it politely.
    kaykay0941 Posts: 74, Reputation: 0

Sep 21, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redwee74 View Post
    Sorry Kay, but I agree with almost everyone. Why text if you were not interested? Sounds like maybe you just like having men after you. Feelings are not a game, just do not contact him anymore and if he does contact you don't avoid him just say you are not my type. Tell him the truth. But do it politely.
    ? Why would I not contact him anymore? He's like my friend.. You know how it is.. After your friends with a person for a while feelings for that person can start to get strong, if me not talking to him anymore would just ruin our friendship, I don't want that happening, we still talk, and he still does like me, I just like it how it is now, when my friend told me he liked me, it felt weird to talk to him before, but now its fine, its much better than it was. But uh thanks for your advise? NOT. -.-
    ktlundb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 04:53 PM
    I have had the same problem many times. And I have tried my best to let them down easily.. I usually say that I like someone else, or I am not looking for a relationship right now.. Or if you just broke up with someone you could say Im not ready to move on yet. You could also try saying that you have been hurt way too many times in the past to commit to a relationship, and your not ready to trust anyone. But don't stop talking to him, make sure you still talk to him every once in a while, because rejection hurts. I would know. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I like this guy but I don't know if he likes me back : [ 2 Answers ]

Okay well here's the story, me and this guy were in the same math class, and he used to always tease me all the time and make fun of me. Later, we found out that we weren't going to be in the same class anymore, so on that day, he became nicer to me. And at the end of the period, he wanted me to...

Robyn - I don't look back [ 1 Answers ]

Who does she sound like... its an old singer 80's. And she looks like her too, is it the same person?? This is driving me mad! Its not kate bush is it? :mad:

I don't want to go back to my dads, do I have to? I'm desperate! [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I am Amanda. I am currently under physical costudy of my father. And joint of my mother. I recently told my father I did not want to live with him anymore, I wanted to live with my mom. He went psycho and kept saying no! I am currently at my moms on a visit and I just want to stay. I am...

We are on a break and I don't know when she wants to get back [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys I am new here I need some help my girlfriend said she wanted a break and whated her space so I was like OK then we stared talking online and now I talk to her on the phone every night but I am the one who calls her all the time she calls me like ones in a wile and she always tell me she...

View more questions Search