Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darh75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Washer won't spin or agitate.
    I have a Kirkland (by Whirlpool) washer (top load) that won't spin or agitate. The water is draining out fine. The model no. is 8280869
    I can't seem to find ANYTHING online for this washer! It was here when we moved in. I know "kirkland" is a Costco brand and I went on both Costco website as well as the Whirlpool website... with no luck!

Does anyone out there possibly have one of these washers? Does anyone know how I could fix this? I really don't want to have to call a repairman and the few that I did call said they won't service it, even when I did tell them it's technically made by Whirlpool!

Ugghh... I am just frustrated and running out of underwear! LOL
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Sep 21, 2008, 12:28 AM

Lol.. go to the laundry mat.

Sounds like may be the motor or the belts.

Go to costco and ask if they have service dept or referral to one for their products. This is why I don't buy electronics there. Food and other items only.

Good luck
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 04:47 AM
    I'm not familiar with Kirkland. Not seen one in my area, but if indeed it is make by whirlpool, There will be acoupler between the motor and transmission. Replace it as it is worn. Common with Whirlpool. Pretty generic part. It will keep unit from agitating and spinning
    jdavid Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2008, 09:41 AM

You could also have a transmission problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Washer will Spin but will not agitate [ 4 Answers ]

I have no experience with appliances, but before calling a repair man, I was wondering what might cause a GE washer to be able to spin, but not agitate. Could it be something that I could fix on my own? I hear it trying to agitate, but kind of makes a buzzing noise when it is on the agitate cycle.

GE Washer won't spin or drain, but does agitate [ 2 Answers ]

I think the name of my clothes washer is GE Profile, model number WPSQ3120T2WW. It and our dryer came with our townhouse when we bought it four years ago. I've washed pillows before without any trouble (normal size), but this morning I washed two pillows and two sheets and then heard a loud...

Estate Washer, will Agitate but Does NOT spin [ 2 Answers ]

My Estate Washer model TAWS700EQ1 will NOT spin. In the spin cycle the motor makes a really loud humming noise but the tub does not spin. Does anyone know which parts can be replced to fix this?

GE Washer won't spin or agitate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE washer model #SE4210. It will not spin or agitate. It will not even spin when I try to spin it manually. I removed the panel off the front and noticed black dust below the motor. Apparently the belt has been slipping and luckily I haven't burned up the motor yet. What can I do to...

GE washer won't spin or agitate. [ 1 Answers ]

first of I am a maintenance tech so I know a little about appliances but never have I seen a worst one to fix than ge the problem is it won't spin or agitate but I can't fix it until I get the agitator off witch lies the problem there is a plastic cap covering the bolt to hold it on the washer is a...

View more questions Search