Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbrk42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Grandmother wanting to share custody
    My daughter is 24 and a single mother of two boys, 6 yrs & 7 months. Neither of the children's fathers are in their lives. Nor do they pay support. Although she is working on getting support, neither father is interested in visitation.

Is there anything I can do to become a guardian in case something happens to her? I would like to share in their upbringing as well as have them go to the schools/church in my town.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Consult with a good family law attorney and have guardian papers drawn up now before something happens to your daughter so you can raise the children and get child support from the dad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving Temporary Custody to Grandmother in another state [ 14 Answers ]

I'm having a lot of trouble financially and I would like to give my mom temporary custody of my daughter until I get myself back on track. I would like to know how do I give over temporary custody of my daughter to my mother? I live in New York City and my mother lives in North Carolina. Do I...

Grandmother is refusing to give back custody. [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is refusing to give back custody of my son even though I know have my life back on track. I signed him over to her when he was 4 months old because I was into drugs and my choice of boyfriends wasn't great. I have been asking for him back for the last 2 years, yet she keeps coming up with...

Wanting custody of a child. [ 16 Answers ]

Ok. My son is in the Navy stationed in Jacksonville Florida. He was born in Florida. Married a girl and had a baby who lives in jacksonville Florida. He found out she was cheating on him. She had the man she was with sleeping with her in her mothers house with the baby. We got the baby that...

Cousin wanting her share now. [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone might have some answers for me. It is pretty complicated because family is involved but here goes. My husband had an aunt who passed away March 2007. In 2003, his sisters brought this aunt to my house insisting that he help her not lose the house she has lived in for...

Wanting custody of both my children [ 3 Answers ]

My ex husband lives in AL and I in GA.. He has custody of my 2 children and I have them every other weekend. He is not the biological father of my 6 year old daughter and he knows this already... Even if his name is on the birth certificate, can I take my daughter from him and not risk the courts...

View more questions Search