Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farahali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 07:11 AM
    Hiccups during breastfeeding
    Should mother stop breastfeeding if baby gets hiccups? Should mother continue breastfeeding if mother has hiccups?(it affects baby or not because if mother has hiccups her body shakes so maybe baby get disturbed} can mother cure baby hiccups through breastfeeding? How long should mother keep breastfeeding her baby? Till baby three or less more or more? Do baby gets hiccups after breastfeeding?
    pluckyflamingo Posts: 220, Reputation: 17

Sep 18, 2008, 01:04 PM
    I have a 3 month old and what I have read in books have said feeding your baby while they hiccup is perfectly fine. My daughter would actually stop hiccuping. And if the mother has hiccups don't stop feeding because of it, that will just disturb the baby even more. As long as the baby is getting fed the baby will be fine.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Hiccups won't be a problem for mother or baby, and breastfeeding should continue as pluckyflamingo said.
    Breastfeed baby as long as mother and baby both want to... there are many benefits for both mother and baby with long term breastfeeding. There is no age you have to stop, but sometimes baby decides, sometimes mother decides to wean from breastfeeding. Different cultures also will view how long a baby is breastfed differently, but it really is up to the mother and baby.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 03:23 PM
    As an aside, I had a friend who decided it was time to stop breastfeeding when her son was sitting in a shopping cart and lifted her shirt right there in the grocery store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy and hiccups [ 1 Answers ]

My 3 month beagle keeps getting hiccups. What can I do for her?

My dog has the hiccups and is throwing up [ 3 Answers ]

Does anybody know what I can give her to stop the hiccups. She ate to fast and then my Kids played ball with her. Has been happening a lot lately

Dog hiccups [ 5 Answers ]

Ok this has nothing 2 do with teen or children but it is happening as we speak, or type But is it OK for a dog to hiccup or is he having somekind of stomach contractions or something

Dog with hiccups [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mixed breed puppy (we think). We got our dog from a rescue society. He could be sleeping and all of a sudden he has the hiccupps. They only last about a minute or two. Is this something I should worry about?

View more questions Search