Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashley0716 Posts: 121, Reputation: 12

Sep 18, 2008, 04:15 AM
    The rapture of the church.
    Have any of you heard the news clip about the blood moons and lunar eclipses in 2015 marking the second coming of Christ, meaning the rapture would have to take place THIS year, THIS month, most probably on Rosh Hashana (feast of the trumpets) My sister in law and her husband, a minister, are really trying to minister to everyone they can because they believe we ARE in the end times. Does anyone have any evidence to the contrary. I am a Christian and know I'm going to heaven, but I am not ready to leave this earth yet... Thanks!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 04:25 AM
    There have been countless groups who have been certain that they have received signs of "the end of times" - yet the end of times has never happened. Where did you hear this news clip?
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Sep 18, 2008, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley0716
    I am a Christian and know I'm going to heaven, but I am not ready to leave this earth yet....Thanks!
    I don't know of anyone who is ready for heaven. If jesus comes now or later, we should still be repenting of our sins. It's an ongoing process, and I'm sure playing a harp in heaven won't prevent you from sinning. Don't look up, look inside yourself.

Sep 18, 2008, 12:00 PM
    There are actually several news clips, I found them on YouTube, segments from different pastors such as Glenn Perry (I think that's his name, John Hagee and several others) See, the book of Revelation states that "the moon will turn to blood and the celestial bodies will fall from the sky...." On NASA's website, it reveals that 2 blood moons and 4 lunar eclipses are supposed to all fall on Jewish holidays in the sabbatical year of 2015 which for us would be September 2014 to September 2015. They said it marks the second coming of Christ, which means the end of the tribulation meaning the BEGINNING of the tribulation and the rapture of the church would happen at the end of this month, this year. Also another thing that started to weird me out, was the Sanhedron in Jerusalem reconvening to rebuild the temple of Jerusalem, which in Revelation states will be where the antichrist goes and sits halfway through the tribulation period. The Sanhedron hasn't been around in like 1600 years. Kind of makes you wonder huh?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Post the links to the YouTube clips, I'm sure all here would be interested in such a dire prediction.

Sep 18, 2008, 12:20 PM
    YouTube - Rapture - Fall 2008? (Pt 1 of 6)

YouTube - Why the Rapture date is called the day that no man knew!

These are just two of them, there are actually several. And I wanted to correct one of the ministers I named... Glenn Beck not Glenn Perry. Let me know your views on this!
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Sep 18, 2008, 03:52 PM
    I think it is possible. The ONE thing that Jesus said had to be done before "the end" (obviously of the Church age) was that the Gospel of the Kingdom would be preached in all the world for a witness. That is being accomplished at the present time.

Now we know that there is NO way we can KNOW the day and hour, but we are told to be watchful, and we can recognize the signs of the times.

The idea that is might be possible this year is exciting, but don't lose your equilibrium.

And to those who think we are talking about the END OF THE WORLD, that is not the case. Whenever the rapture occurs, (and it will sometime), there will be plenty of preachers left to tell you that whatever happened, it isn't the rapture, because just look, WE are still here.
    (smile!)
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Spirit of Truth speaks of the end times and what will take place. Don't be deceived like Eve was by a lie.

II Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

II Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

II Thessalonians 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

II Thessalonians 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

II Thessolonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

II Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

II Thessalonians 2:9-10 Even Him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

After reading all these scriptures, verse by verse, would you be deceived by contradiction offered by a woman who made up this rapture hoax. Can you be deceived in believing you will fly out on some cloud before satan's arrives? OR could satan come and offer to fly you out saying he is he that has come to save you? Our Father says His children will be destroyed by lack of knowledge. Lack of knowledge in Truth..

Ezekiel 13:20 Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I [am] against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make [them] fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, [even] the souls that ye hunt to make [them] fly.

Paul told us this: Galations 1:10-12 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Call upon Christ for the answer.. He will reveal the Truth. AND Hear HIM

Sep 20, 2008, 08:39 AM

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
    2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    (KJV)

1 Cor 15:51-52
    51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    (KJV)

1Thes 4:14-18
    14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
    (KJV)

Here the Apostle Paul tells us to comfort one another with these words. There is NO comfort in the thought that we will be forced to go through the Great Tribulation.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post

Here the Apostle Paul tells us to comfort one another with these words. There is NO comfort in the thought that we will be forced to go through the Great Tribulation.

Why?.. A Child of God has no fear

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Follow and Hear .. Example

Deu 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, He [it is] that doth go with thee; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Sep 20, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post

Why?.. A Child of God has no fear

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Follow and Hear .. Example

Deu 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, He [it is] that doth go with thee; He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
    Of course this is true. It doesn't address the Scripture I posted though.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 10:59 AM

Only Those Without the Seal of God

Revelation 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Length of Time for satan's deception on earth

Revelation 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

God's Children are Present at this Time still on Earth

Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Warning to Take Note: Because Christ does not want you to be deceived like Eve. Satan as a man [666] will come falsely claiming to be Christ. That's why he will be called anti-christ.

Matthew 24: 25 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

1 Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for [the trumpet shall sound], and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
    1 Cr 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal [must] put on immortality.
    1 Cr 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Follow scripture to the Last Trump.. The last sound.. the last seal

Revelation 5:1 And I saw in the right hand of Him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

Christ Returns Seven Seal.. seventh sound

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [The Kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.

Sep 20, 2008, 11:14 AM

I believe you are missing some things. I won't post all the references here (unless you want them). John is called up into Heaven, and he sees 24 elders at the Throne. Read their song. I believe this is the song of the redeemed up through the rapture. The Gospel will be preached all through the Great Tribulation, and the remanant of Israil will accept Jesus as Messiah at that time. They are the saints present that Satan persecutes.

Now as to Mt. ch 24: The subject brought up by the Apostles was the Temple. Jesus plainly told them that it would be destroyed in their generation. The phrase that we have to deal with is the degree of tribulation spoken of by Jesus. If you read what Josephus recorded about the destruction of Jerusalem, it is hard to imagine a time of horror that would surpass that. Will the Great Tribulation be more horrific than what happened to the inhabitants of Jerusalem? I can't say for sure, but the prophecy of the destruction has been fulfilled once, and I am not sure that I believe every prophecy has to have more than one fulfillment
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 11:46 AM
    John is called up into Heaven, and he sees 24 elders at the Throne.
    Revelation 1:9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

John was shown the future of the Lord's Day

Revealtion 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Each trumpet is sufficient to sound and seal to the last trump.

REVELATION SCOPE. The key to unlock the meaning and scope of the book is found in 1:10. "The Lord's day" = THE DAY OF THE LORD (Jehovah). (See Isa. 2:12) John was not in "a state of spiritual exaltation" on any particular Sunday at Patmos, as the result of which "he saw visions and dreamed dreams". But as we are told, "I came to be (or found myself) by the Spirit in the day of the Lord" (cp. Ezek. 1:1; 8:3, &c.). He is then shown, and both sees and hears (22:8), the things he records.

"The day of the Lord" being yet future, it follows that the whole book must concern the things belonging to "that day", and consequently is wholly prophecy. Though partial adumbrations of judgment may be traced in connection with affairs of past history, yet the significant, solemn warning here (1:10) that the "judgments" in Revelation relate to the day of the Lord, "the day of vengeance" (cp. Isa. 61:2; 63:4, &c.), makes it clear that the book concerns the future, and the day of the unveiling (the Apocalypse) of the great "King of kings and Lord of lords"

Sep 20, 2008, 12:59 PM

Why do you say the seals and trumpets are the same? The Day of the Lord is a day of wrath and judgment. We, as Christians are not appointed to wrath.
    1Thes 5:9
    9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
    (KJV)

The saints persecuted by Satan during the Great Tribulation are Israel. She will accept Jesus as her Messiah during that period.
    Certainly, everything in the Book of Revelation (after the churches of Asia) is prophecy. (Incidentally, that fact disproves the Catholic interpretation of the sun-clothed woman as being Mary.) If the Apostle Paul was not describing the rapture, then what was he talking about? He even expected himself to be alive (he said "we" who remain).
    II Th 2:7
    7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
    (KJV)

In this verse, who or what will be taken out of the way? Is "he" taken out so that Antichrist can come into his own? Or is "he" hiding who the Antichrist is and must be taken away so that all can see who Antichrist is? I cannot accept the second possibility, since Satan will not hide Antichrist's identity, and since Satan will not be taken out of the way at this time. That leaves me with the first possibility, that "he" is keeping Antichrist from coming to power. I don't beilive "he" is the Holy Spirit, because, the Holy Spirit is always everywhere. That leaves me with the Church. The Church is always referred to as the Body of Christ, making it "he", and this fits. The presence of the Church prevents Antichrist from coming to power.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 04:03 PM
    7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
    (KJV)

In this verse, who or what will be taken out of the way? Is "he" taken out so that Antichrist can come into his own? Or is "he" hiding who the Antichrist is and must be taken away so that all can see who Antichrist is? I cannot accept the second possiblity, since Satan will not hide Antichrist's identity, and since Satan will not be taken out of the way at this time. That leaves me with the first possibility, that "he" is keeping Antichrist from coming to power. I don't beilive "he" is the Holy Spirit, because, the Holy Spirit is always everywhere. That leaves me with the Church. The Church is always referred to as the Body of Christ, making it "he", and this fits. The presence of the Church prevents Antichrist from coming to power.
    So you feel the church saves the world from antichirst?

"he" is him that remains obedient and faithful and not deceived. he that will not have the mark of the beast within his head, but instead has the seal of God. Not at all unlike Eve who once in the beginning had the choice. Does an individual stay within the wings of the eagle for protection and guidance being nourished for the short time that satan is on earth?
    This is a free will choice of obedience, and faith. Hearing and yet being fore told is a choice to follow as a child of God.
    As to ourselves, the question of "who is in the secret?" does not arise. For we are not to suppose that all who do not know of it are "lost". One thing we know, and that is : it is made known for "the obedience of faith", or for "faith-obedience" (Rom 16.26). It is a subsequent revelation; and the question is, do we believe it and obey it by acting according to it?

Abraham had several Divine revelations made to him. From his call in Gen. 11 he was a "righteous" man. In ch. 12 he believed God concerning His promises of the future. In ch. 13 he believed God concerning the promise of the Land.
    But in ch. 15 God made a further revelation concerning the see which He would give him; and it is written, "Abraham believed in the Lord, and it was counted (or imputed) unto him for righteousness". Even so with ourselves and the subsequent revelation of the mystery in the Prison Epistles. Let us believe it, and we may be sure that it will be counted unto us for something, for some blessing, which those who refuse to believe it will lose.
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Sep 20, 2008, 04:11 PM

But does it not say in the bible that there are many antichrists?
    Who is to say the church hasn't saved us from them-
    But when the church is outnumbered by the world they wouldn't be able to-
    Isn't it a pre-requisite for the antichrist to come to power before Christ's return?
    There will be the battle of Armageddon- Babylon is defeated and Christ returns afterward- I mean that's what I've been reading in Revelation for the past 15 years
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderglass View Post
    Isn't it a pre-requisite for the antichrist to come to power before Christ's return?
    There will be the battle of Armageddon- Babylon is defeated and Christ returns afterward- I mean thats what I've been reading in Revelation for the past 15 years
    It does indeed.

2 John 1:6-7 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Note of obedience that follows that warning.

1 John 1:8-9 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

It is not the church that save anyone... Christ is the Saviour of the World. Listen...

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John2:19
    They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would [no doubt] have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1 John 2:28-29 And now, little children, abide in Him; that, when He shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at his coming. If ye know that He is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of Him.

There are many scripture verses that tell us satan will come first falsely proclaiming to be the Lamb. Revelation 12:12 thr.. Revelation 13:1 thr 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 05:04 AM
    If the Apostle Paul was not describing the rapture, then what was he talking about? He even expected himself to be alive (he said "we" who remain).
    (KJV)
    The Mystery or Secret

Revelation 14:5 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

Revelation 14:19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Matthew 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

Matthew 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? Whence then hath it tares?

Matthew 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13:35
    That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

If you teach the rapture, you will take the souls of people from what Christ has told of in parables. Christ is the Saviour, The ONLY SAVIOUR, and He wants His children to hear His voice, not man made religious movements.

I do not know if people will see and hear Truth, only God can reveal what He has elected. Yet I do know if you believe, and call upon Him to answer, He will answer.

A child of God is like Mary, who will stay within the wings of God's protection, hearing and obeying His Will

Sep 22, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderglass View Post
    There will be the battle of Armageddon- Babylon is defeated and Christ returns afterward- I mean thats what I've been reading in Revelation for the past 15 years
    Yes, The Antichrist must come to power before Jesus returns. The rapture is when the resurrected and changed saints are called up to Him in the air, as Paul teaches. There is this scripture too:
    Jude 1:14-15
    14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
    15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
    (KJV)

How can the Lord bring this multitude of saints WITH Him unless they have previously been called up to Him?

I am convinced that the rapture will be the signal for the final week of Daniel's prophecy to start. At that time, everyone will have a God given time table of events.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to go to church? [ 13 Answers ]

I want to get my children baptised does this mean I need to go to church every week?

Can I get married in a Church ? [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner is soon to be divorced and we plan on getting married shortly afterwards. I have not married before and it would be a dream come through for me if it was possible to get married in the church can anyone tell me if my dream is possible.

Church attendance [ 5 Answers ]

I know when it comes to issues between myself and the Lord, it is only up to myself to make everything right. However, I am guilty of hardly attending mass on a regular basis. I managed to attend for Easter last year, but cannot find myself to attend on a regular basis. By the end of the work...

Thoughts about his Church [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know what your thoughts are about the LDS Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) Also know as the Mormom Church.

View more questions Search