Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raania Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 02:55 AM
    Sunni / Shia marriages
    I am a Sunni girl and a Shia family proposed me but my parents are reluctant and don't want to marry with a Shia guy. They think that nikkah between Sunni and Shia is not allowed and their beliefs and practice are different. Can you please guide me that whether I can get marry with a Shia guy and what Islam says about it? What can be pros and cons. I am 35 years now and have gone through the painful process many times since last 8 years in which guys family visit the girls house to meet the girl or you can see her for making the decision of marriage. Till now no positive response from anyone received except this guy. What should I do. Should I marry that guy or not
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Assalaam alaikum,

-------------------------
    Islam Question and Answer - She found out after marriage that her husband is a Raafidi (Shi'i). What should she do?
    With regard to your marriage to this Raafidi (Shi'i), it is an invalid marriage and is abrogated according to sharee'ah, so long as this man believes in the misguidance and heresy that is in al-Kaafi (a Shi'i book).
    -------------------------------

May Allah guide you to a good man as a husband for your patience & faith in Allah(sw).
    Salat al-Istikhara

Wa alaikum salaam
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2008, 12:36 AM

Hi, raania!

I have to say that I don't know anything about those two cultures, and we can't predict the future here concerning any kind of relationship. But, one thing that I always advise people to do before they get married is to seek out professional counseling as a couple, before they get married, in order to make sure that things are getting off on the correct path, if you know what I mean.

If there is true love between the two of you, then that can generally overcome most obstacles that you might have as a couple. There can be a mutual respect for what each of you believes and still make things work as far as marriage is concerned.

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question.

Thanks!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2008, 05:30 PM

You ask this question already in the marriage section. I think you got a good answer from a person that knows about the two cultures. Did you check at the link that was given to you?
    islam1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 09:26 PM
    I THINK U SHOULD MARRY HIM

I think You should marry him as shias are muslims too.
    And Allah knows better... Just pray to Alllah and ask him for the best
    javaid14 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2010, 02:51 AM
    If marriage with chiristians are allowed then why not shia? Shia is only a section of islam not a different religion. It is stated that when a christian changes himself or herself to islam not shia or sunni then marriage is allowed but this shia brother is already islam so there is no problem at all to marry him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search