Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2008, 11:10 PM
    I've found a goal for myself, and I'm ready to get to it.
    I am a Legal Secretary for my county's Public Defender. I got it thinking, "its just another boring job, but at least I get a paycheck for it." Boy was I wrong.

I am absolutely in love with my job. I love all aspects of Criminal Law, and now I have found myself really wanting to become a Lawyer. I graduated from high school in 2001, and didn't take the SAT's. So now, I'm wondering, what steps do I need to take in going to Law School?

What do I do first? Who do I contact to take the SAT's? etc.

I also know that I will have a tough time affording it. I went to junior college right after high school, received financial aid, and then quit school. Needless to say, I ended up having to pay back the financial aid. It is now all paid off, but my question is, can I receive financial aid again after that situation?

Any advice I can get will really help. I am so ready to do this and cannot wait to get started! :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2008, 11:44 PM
    Hi, Erika!

I would think that a local college near you could help you in letting you know the requirements that you might need in order to enter a college or university and also about taking the SAT's.

The way to know if you can receive financial aid is again, to contact a higher education institution to see what they have to offer concerning that. I can't think of any college or university that doesn't offer some kind of financial aid program.

I applaud you for wanting to pursue being a lawyer! However, I would suggest sticking with the job that you have as a legal secretary for awhile so that you can know further about the ins and outs of the profession. This will look good to college and university personnel and will also look great on your resume someday.

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial Goal [ 2 Answers ]

How many years will it take to reach your goal if you deposit $42,180.53 in a brokerage account and you plan to add $5,000 at the end of every year until your account reaches $250,000. You expect to earn 12% annually?

Reach my goal [ 1 Answers ]

I have $42,180.53 in a brokerage account, and I plan to contribute an additional $5000 to the account at the end of every year. The brokerage account has an expected annual return of 12%. If my goal is to accumulate $250,000 in the account, how many years will it take me to reach my goal.

Unrealistic goal? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I weigh 180 lbs and would like to lose 30-40lbs by April 30, 07. My goal weight is 140-150Do you think this is a realistic goal, any suggestion on the best way of accomplishing this goal? I don't have any problems exercising or food restrictions!

What is your goal in life? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just curious 8)

View more questions Search