Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmangelos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Adding lights to existing exterior light circuit
    I have a light fixture that is flush mounted in the ceiling of an exterior porch, I would like to add two more twin bulb floodlights switched by the existing switch if this is okay to do. If so can I run wiring from the current fixture through conduit along the undersides of the eaves, and if so should I use metal conduit or pvc? This is an 8 year old subdivision house if it makes any difference. Thanks in advance.
    Paul
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Sep 17, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Add all the intended wattage on paper, and compare to the capacity of the switch and power supply wiring. You shouldn't exceed any capacity from the fuse or breaker forward, and never "over-fuse". Any unauthorized modifications, not officially certified by a licensed inspector will void your insurance... Please be careful...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to add two motion sensors to existing light circuit? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a circuit with a single switch connected to four outdoor lights. I would like to add two motion sensors so that either of them will trigger the lights to go on. Can someone please help me with suggestions and/or a wiring diagram? The motion sensors I have are like this one: Link. They...

Adding switches and outlets to existing circuit [ 50 Answers ]

:confused: I need to run wiring from my house to my fish pond. I currently have an outlet that is wired on its own circuit from the previous owner's hot tub. The wire is 12/2 and feeds the outlet and an exhaust fan. The cable runs up the wall on the outside of the house and then feeds into the...

Adding Shower to Existing Tub [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My wife and just bought our first home, actually, we're closing on it this Nov. 29th, and our first project involves installing a shower head. The home we purchased is over fifty years old, and the woman who was living in it, only had a tub and faucet. So, we'll need to add plumbing to...

Adding lights to circuit [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 15 amp fuse that runs 8 - 75w bulbs. I would like to add 6 can lights with 65w bulbs. Can I do that on the existing circuit? Also will these can lights work with the existing #14 wire that is installed or do I need to use #12wire?

Adding a heater to an existing circuit. [ 3 Answers ]

I want to place a 240V electric base board heater in a room. In the adjacent room I have a conveniently placed electric wall oven by itself on a 50 Amp circuit with 8 gauge wire. The oven is only rated at 30 Amps and the heater at 4.5 amps. So, I want to run wire from the oven to where the...

View more questions Search